Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: EF short stories  (Read 15640 times)

Killar

EF short stories
« on: July 21, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »
I like when you read a short battle event story. Like if you browse through the newspaper and you see an interesting story.

Requirements: Must be on EF; real event

The Tigers Roar, Malinava, Latvia, July 22nd 1944

1st Lieutenant Otto Carius commanding 2nd Company of the 502nd heavy tank Battalion, with eight Tigers, advanced towards the village of Malinava (a northern suburb of Dunaburg) , to halt the Russian advance. Following a reconnaissance Lieutenant Otto Carius explained his plan to take the village. He decided to attack using only two tanks because there was only one narrow road leading to the village. Six Tigers therefore remained in the reserve while Lt Carius and Lt. Albert Kerschers (one of the most decorated commanders of sPzAbt 502) tanks moved towards the village. Speed was the essence and afterwards, Otto Carius recalls that the entire battle did not last more than 20 minutes. in this short time, Carius and Kerscher knocked out 17 of the new JS-2 Stalin and 5 T-34 tanks. Following this he deployed 6 of his tanks in an ambush against the remainder of the Soviet tank battalion advancing toward him, unaware of their lead companies demise. Surprise was complete and a further 28 tanks were destroyed along with their supporting trucks and vehicles. Carius and Kerscher destroyed a whole batallion,the soviet tank-brigade Josef Stalin, an elite unit of the red army.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:01:31 PM by Killar »

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: EF short stories
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »
One note i would add: Carius and Kerscher destroyed the soviet tank-brigade Josef Stalin, an elite unit of the red army.

Edit: I will add an story later.
At the moment i havent enough time for a "good story" ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:12:34 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Killar

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »
added  ;)

Rommel you forgot to tell a short story  :P

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »
give us moar.  ;D

Killar

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »
Kerschers Defence of Neuhauser Forest

Oberfeldwebel Albert Kerscher, commander of 2nd company 511 Heavy Tank Battalion aided by a Panzer IV, two Hetzers, a Kingtiger and a Pak gun, successfully defended against concerted Soviet air and armoured attacks, his action buying valuable time for the evacuation of German wounded from Pilau and scoring his 100th victory in the process.

pariah

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »
Several years ago, i read about a Russian heavy tank that the Germans simply could not destroy. Even a Flak 36 shot at point-blank range couldn't penetrate. :o Forget what book that was in. I'd love to find it again... :(

Killar

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Even a Flak 36 shot at point-blank range couldn't penetrate.

sounds like walt disney.

Defence of the Reichstag, Berlin, 1st May 1945

On the 30th April, Unterscharführer Georg Diers and his crew of tank 314, were ordered to take up a defensive position at the Reichstag buildings. This was one of only two remaining King Tigers belonging to Heavy SS Tank Battalion 503 in Berlin. By that evening they had knocked out about 30 T-34s, and the following day led a successful counterattack against the Kroll Opera House directly opposite the Reichstag. Their efforts though, merely postponed the inevitable and by the end of the day the order was given to abandon the position and prepare to break out of Berlin.

pariah

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 04:57:19 PM »
Even a Flak 36 shot at point-blank range couldn't penetrate.

sounds like walt disney.
I know, right? I'll see if i can find that book again, but i borrowed so many on W.W.2 and Germany it'll be hard to track down...

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:58:46 PM »
Hope that  Unterscharführer Georg Diers and his crew escaped.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Killar

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »
Hope that  Unterscharführer Georg Diers and his crew escaped.

They had to blow their tiger up. Diers, his gunner and driver were released from soviet prison in 1949. Loader and radio operator were killed.

Note: Bormann tried to escape on their tiger but was killed by infantry and arty shells while sitting on the back of the tank.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 06:31:50 PM »
Several years ago, i read about a Russian heavy tank that the Germans simply could not destroy. Even a Flak 36 shot at point-blank range couldn't penetrate. :o Forget what book that was in. I'd love to find it again... :(
I heared a similar story of KV-1 that couldnt be destroyed by 15cm SiG SPG gun direct fire.

Heres my story:
A grandfather of my friend served in Wehrmacht was eating a sandwitch in one hand and passing ammo to the HMG with the other while the gunner was shooting at Soviets. That is how he saw war. Even getting something to eat wasnt easy then.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Did the HMG gunner later eat the sandwich in one hand and fire with the orther like him? It's will be more cool :)
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 04:38:47 AM »
not exactly eastern front, but this story of overkill is kinda funny

On the next morning, 16 October, the 1st and 30th Infantry Divisions finally linked up east of Aachen, thus completing the encirclement of the city. The Germans responded with heavy counterattacks, prompting 1st Infantry Division to suspend offensive operations within the city as a precautionary measure.  The 2/26 took advantage of the pause to secure its position.  On the battalion's left flank, the 1106th Engineer pivoted its right wing forward from its position south of the city to conform with the 2/26.  The battalion also decided to take measures against a supposed pillbox spotted at the far end of Hindenburg Strasse.  Daniel brought up his attached 155mm self-propelled gun for the purpose.  To protect it, he ordered tank destroyers to fire into the intervening cross streets.  To protect the tank destroyers, infantry secured the buildings within panzerfaust range of the armor.  Once in place, the 155 fired an armor piercing round which utterly demolished the "pillbox," which later proved to be a camouflaged tank

and overkill against a single sniper

During this period, the 2/26 found itself taking fire from the rear, despite all its precautions to assure that no Germans were bypassed.  After a careful search, the Americans discovered that the fire was coming from a church steeple that had been reinforced with concrete, making it a fortified observation post.  This position proved to be impervious to both small arms and 75mm tank destroyer fire, whereupon Daniel again called upon his 155mm artillery piece.  One shot from the 155 brought the entire structure crashing to the ground.[38] This use of a 155mm gun as an anti-sniper weapon is perhaps the epitome of "Knock 'em all down.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:28:35 PM by robotnik »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 05:57:54 AM »
Those are nice stories guys :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Killar

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
Repelling the russian advance

In the early morning of 8 February 1945 comes the command of Lieutenant Colonel Paul Albert Kausch, commander of SS-Panzer-Division 11 to SS lieutenant Fritz Kauerauf, first officer of the company Company heavy SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503, to seal off a Russian advance on the Ihna Bridge, south of Jacob Hagen by Ziegenhagen and small silver with a Tiger II and three assault guns under SS Sergeant Phillip Wild to compete.

When encountering a powerful enemy on the ridge east of the group Ihna, the addition of two more tigers II, SS Lieutenant Kaes, chief takes second Company of the heavy SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503, and about 10 other assault guns of the SS-Panzer-Division 11, and a company of paratroopers. Around midday, the attack, out of the movement, direction Ziegenhagen, which also joined the assault guns of the SS-11 assault gun department, SS Colonel Schulz-growing area. After fighting a low-Pak position on the outskirts of Ziegenhagen, is the thrust of the paratroopers, on both sides of the road, over the little bridge Ihna Ziegenhagen. Heavy house to house fighting followed, while it comes to shooting down of a further, third overall, Josef Stalin II tank. In the evening the group was at the southern exit of small silver Reetz direction with 3 TIGER II and only seven Paratroopers left. Late at night, the fuel is supplied by 3 barrels (1 barrel = 200 liters of petrol per Tiger)

On the morning of 9 February 1945 issued an order to the three tigers in small silver, for taking the remaining districts in the east. The tank of Lieutenant Kaes gets on fire (by russian infantry close attacks) and blocked the road for the assault guns. The lead tank of SS Untersturmführer Kauerauf was now seperated from its battle group and shot down on the outskirts of small silver. Kauerauf, despite his severe wounds, shot 2 russians and destroyed and mg dugout. He hide and was later rescued by paratroopers. Grenadiers of the 11th SS Volunteer Panzer Grenadier Division had occupied the so-obtained space that made it a week later possible to relieve Arnswalde. Even some of the remaining tigers of the heavy SS-Panzer-Abteilung 503 still on the road to defend Gdansk could be moved to danzik by rail to defend the town.

In small silver the two tigers were killed by melee , the third Tiger II, who was unable to move after total failure of the electrical system has been made unusable by the crew. In the southern part of Arnswalde several attacks were repelled!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:01:10 PM by Killar »