Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Cannot Reinstall COH  (Read 5432 times)

Offline GanWar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Cannot Reinstall COH
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:11 AM »
I cannot reinstall my Company of Heroes because it says that "Another version of the product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel".

I have uninstalled my Company of Heroes using the Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel of my Windows 7 64-bit PC due to some CD install errors when I attempted to install Opposing Fronts after I updated my Tales of Valor to patch version 2.602. The THQ folder no longer exist in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder and the Company of Heroes folder no longer exist in the My Documents > My Games folder.

But I still cannot reinstall my Company of Heroes nor Tales of Valor due to the above error message (please see my screenshot: http://ganmaer.webs.com/COH/CANNOT_INSTALL_COH.jpg [nofollow]).

Please help me. TIA

pariah

Re: Cannot Reinstall COH
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »
Perhaps there is a way to repair it, like with operating systems? :-\

Offline GanWar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »
Perhaps there is a way to repair it, like with operating systems? :-\

I don't get what you mean? My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
Try deleting the CoH data from the registry. In program search (in the start menu) type "regedit" without the quotes. Find you CoH stuff and delete it.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »
You can try checking the topic READ BEFORE POSTING!! - List of Issues & Fixes, we have "detailed" information about CoH registry entries in one of the posts located there(I.E. it says the path).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GanWar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »
I was able to finally reinstall my Company of Heroes last night by running the removeFakeMSI.bat file that I downloaded from http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?163735-Company-of-Heroes-Error-Codes-Explained&p=2600392#post2600392 [nofollow] but now I cannot launch the game, No error messages.

I double-clicked on the desktop shortcut icon and also the RelicCOH.exe application file in the C:\Program Files(x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes folder but nothing happens! The installation was complete but it did not launch the game as it used to. Please help. TIA
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:13:24 AM by GanWar »