Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Orignal ways of securing reasorces for ostheer  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Jono

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Orignal ways of securing reasorces for ostheer
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
In my idea to secure a territory you build a special building (like a heavy bunker) somewhere in the sector you want to secure once it is built all the resources are collected in that building rather than you getting them instantly these resources are removed from the building by Opel blitz trucks that drive in convoys of three to four from off map to the building and back off map again, only once the trucks drive off map will the resources be dielivered to you.The trucks like the existing versions would be very vulnerable to commando/partisan attack and artillery and if they were destroyed you wouldn't receive the resources, so you would have to be careful to protect them. If the trucks survive the journey convoys would start to happen more often so more resources would be deilevered but if they are destroyed it would happen less often so you would get less recourse's. As an incentive to allied players maybe a small amount of the supplies that the trucks were carring could be drooped off (as a supply drop) if the trucks were destroyed allowing allied commodes to capture it or German players to salvage whats left. To balance this for the axis it should be possible to collect more resources than normal ways of securing (or less deepening on the amount of convoys). I think this is a good idea because in real life the osheer had large supply lines that needed constant protection from enemy commandos/partisans and its as far as i know its original. :)

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
Re: Orignal ways of securing reasorces for ostheer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:44:06 PM »
Pathfinding for the trucks would be a nightmare!

Offline Jono

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »
Im sorry i dont know how pathfinding works cant you just make them take the shortest route

Offline nachocheese

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:29:20 PM »
the problem is they might drive directly trough your sandbags or even worse right into the enemies units.
list of things i have modelled so far.

http://www.moddb.com/members/nachocheese/images/m4#imagebox [nofollow]

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
I love the idea! There are very few original ideas around here that are user suggested. I think this is very possible and could be achieved with existing models. There is a deformed mortar bunker with a large steel door that could work for your purpose with a possible new skin.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline Jono

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »
Thx for the support and couldn't you make them just travel in friendly territorty to avoid them running into enemy units