Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Question about EF and voices  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Strawberry_Lisa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Question about EF and voices
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm not so active on this forum but I feelt that I needed some help:)
This mod is amazing after I was playing it I haven't returned to vaCOH anymore:D

I loved that the SU spoke russian
but suddenly the german's english voices feelt so stupid:)
(I liked them before I played this mod)

In a older topic someone asked if it was possible to add german voices for the Axies.
There I also saw a link which I followed to Relicnews something
and I read all the pages.

The questions I have;

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I gathred from that relicnews site was that the german voicefiles was from version 2.601, even if its compatible with 2.602 it was missing some voices (same with the english version) as Relic said in their changelog to 2.602.

"Some speech files missing from Wehrmacht and Panzer Elite upgrades have been restored"

Do someone know where I can get the german voices from 2.602?

And my second question

Even if I do get the voices to work will it be any conflicts with the EF mod, with voices for units which wasn't in the vanilla COH?

for example; the reward unit "the black tiger ace" will he still speak english?

I ask this because I'm abit worried I might have to reinstall the whole game if I'm playing around with the game's core files too much

and the patch process for the vanilla COH, isn't something I look forward to do over again:P

Thank you for your time

//Lisa

Faith, trust and pixie dust :)

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
Re: Question about EF and voices
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »
Welcome  :D it's bit surprising to me that women play CoH  :)

about #1 - patch 2.602 was have changed some gameplay settings ( unit cost and other stuff), so I guess it shouldn't be a problem - looks like voices files weren't modified  at all. Some of users ( I'm sure about TheDzierzanPl) are using german speaking units, so they can give some additional info here.

about #2 - I've noticed that Tiger Ace is using same text lines like Tiger I or KT ( not sure though) - and those lines surely are translated to german. I guess it will work.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
about #2 Yup the Tiger ace has the same lines
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
You just need anyone with the German installation of the game to post their "WW2AxisSpeechGerman" file and you can download. Rename it to "WW2AxisSpeechEnglish" and put it where it should be. Trying PMing some of the German users in the forum and see if they'll upload it for you.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
Here are the requested German voice files for 2.602, I had to create a splitted .rar-archive because of the limited upload file size:

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Strawberry_Lisa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 05:03:32 AM »
Thanks alot guys:)
Faith, trust and pixie dust :)

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »
I have two questions: do these include PE as well? And the second one: how do I combine those three files back into one? I have been trying that with WinRar but have failed thus far...
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
No, it doesn't include PE. But if you like, I'd upload that one too.
You don't need to combine them, just open the first and extract its content, "WW2AxisSpeechGerman.sga". Then move the extracted file to "Company of Heroes\WW2\Archives" and rename it so that it says "WW2AxisSpeechEnglish.sga". Then it should be fine ;)

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »
Thank you for the fast answer. To be honest, I already have the file(s) for the PE (the two under Archives of the two files.), through this link http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?222557-German-and-English-speech-file-modification-for-TOV-%28v2.602-compatible%29&highlight=german%20speech%20files One of them is 500 MB and the other one is like 300 MB they are both the same (OFFullSpeechEnglish). I am kinda puzzeled what I should do with them....If you know please tell me, otherwise I would like those PE files yes.
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.