Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: AI bugs: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING  (Read 31268 times)

Offline inori

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: AI bugs: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »
non cap mode, map is kalach

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
Ok, I see... thanks for the information. I didn't expect that was the case, because you came from the thread " Game crashes/freezes - Post here][2.300] Game crashes/freezes - Post here" and in the first post, it says at the end:

[...]

One last thing I'd like to add as note: IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE NO-POP CAP MODE AND YOUR GAME CRASHES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING FOR TECH SUPPORT FROM US, BECAUSE WE DO NOT GIVE SUPPORT FOR THAT VARIANT OF THE GAME.

That game-type was included due to popular demand, and since CoH Essence engine cannot support the stress of handling too many objects regardless if you use vanilla factions or not, specially if you are fighting against AI(regardless of faction) we can't do anything about it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline inori

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »
Ok, sorry I didn't know that. Thank you for your support!

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »
is the bug where ai never leaves base being sorted? as i have a replay, appears they don't start building until you attack the base

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:54 AM »
Hello! Sorry for my english, but because I'm writing a large text, I will use google translayte. Just say, that I have modified the Eastern Front, added units, abilities and races. During the game, the error is: "Fatal error, execution is impossible." It occurs when the AI ​​uses a greyhound or staghaund and he is under fire by AT-gun, and the technique does not see the AT-gun, because damage radius AT-gun more review machine and technology does not see it. In logs I found the line: "ERROR - Player 1005 AITactic AIVechicleTactic failed to call filter TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle" (ailog), "Squad * can not be nil!" (scarlog) and "23: 46: 13.25 LuaException :: ThrowMessage - Invalid parameter 1 (type expected = Squad *, received = nil) in function Squad_GetPosition
23: 46: 13.26 GAME - SimulationController :: Pause 0 "(warnings)
Through the Corsix's Studio I opened aitactics and found the function:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I added the processing parameters to nil:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

if (sim_squad == nil) then
           return false
end

if (target_squad == nil) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I played test game and all works correct. Have I done the right thing? What do you see about this?
P.S. Logs in attach.

I will buy you a beer or ten- it works perfectly, thank you very much :)

Offline agis

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 05:31:41 AM »
Hi Guys I am using 2.300 and in my second skirmish against soviet expert ia I was given the AI Fatal Error:

Map was Battle of Mahiljou
1 player vs 1 Soviet Expert IA

I have just destroyed some kind of Halftrack with AT and mortar then seconds after IA error.

Any help?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai.log reads

-- Log file for all error messages related to the AI --

ERROR - Player 1000 AITactic AIVechicleTactic failed to call filter TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle

Offline BullittMonkey

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:52 AM »
 Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I upload the AI_log files requested by the Dev?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 02:26:00 AM »
When you click on reply in the additional options you can upload files.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BullittMonkey

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 09:53:23 PM »
OK, I am getting the AI error message. I have tried to play with another person on Multiplayer against two Hard Computer AI. And, I have tried to play with one AI friendly and two AI opponents in Skirmish, both in Gilroys Harbor, Annihilation,  Normal cap limits, High Resources, American for my team mate, Russian for my choice. Wehrmacht German opponent, Hard or Normal settings.

The AI_LogFiles are empty. There are 4 of them, all are empty. I assume you don't need me to upload empty files? I have listed details I think of that might help you below from each try.

Skirmish( one human, 3 computer) Gameplay: I started with AI error but I can build and attack normally(Russian), but the other three AI players do nothing, even after they are attacked. Game never ends even after all buildings are blown. The beginning units for the enemy will fire back but never attempt to build anything.

Multiplayer Gameplay( two Human, two computer): Again, AI Error -- My Units(American) never move and after about 2 minutes drop from the Multiplayer game. We ended the game after that.

Thanks for creating the game, its possibilities are awesome. I hope this helps with the solutions. Let me know if there is anything I left out or if you need anymore information or files.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
Are you playing the Steam version?
Mors Indecepta

Offline BullittMonkey

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
RE:
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
Are you playing the Steam version?

Yes I am playing Steam Version of COH

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 08:07:31 PM »
If your logs are empty there is no way we can check what's wrong, specially because everyone else seems to not have that problem. I recommend you to verify the integrity of the files in the Steam properties tab, and if that doesn't work then uninstall the mod, delete all the stuff that is left and install it again.
Mors Indecepta

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
hi
i've got the same error whith 2.4.0.0 when updating
after  verify the integrity of the files in the Steam properties tab , everything works fine  8)
i think it's the pb
A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?"
Pierre Desproges

Offline BullittMonkey

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 10:37:10 PM »
Uninstalled, deleted all other files(such as the AI logs) and reInstalled. Works fine now.
Played several games in Skirmish and still does as it should.
Thanks for you assistance.

Offline marthederancourt5

• Ingenery
  • Ma présentation
    • View Profile
    • Ma présentation
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2020, 09:44:50 AM »
Hello uninstall and set back up, that worked fine for me too.
Avant, je refusais de croire à la voyance par audiotel, je laissais ça aux autres. Désormais, mon avis a changé du tout au tout. Je peux vous assurer qu'on a présagé des vérités au sujet de mon amoureux. J'ai confié mes incertitudes à une médium expérimentée dernièrement.