Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: American Jeeps  (Read 7305 times)

Offline trollgore

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
American Jeeps
« on: September 20, 2011, 03:33:52 AM »
are they even worth getting, i can honestly say that they just plain suck. they dont even hunt snipers very well  >:(. any alternative or strategy in using jeeps????
Its a beautiful day to kill, dont you think so??

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
Re: American Jeeps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:29:45 AM »
well i don't play as Americans much but i can say that i agree with you that they are not good for much. for example, when i see a jeep with my Volks, i just love to use a panzerfaust to blow that thing to smithereens. :D however, i think that they are definitely worth it as far as  harrasing enemy pioneers (as long as they don't have flammenwerfers), and also economical to use against snipers. for example, even if your jeep get destroyed in the process, i think its worth it to hunt down snipers to the kill. if you count yours and your opponents losses, you gain a buttload of company commander points, + your enemy has just taken a huge  loss of population (snipers are expensive, especially early game). other than that jeeps are fast and also have extremely good line of sight. other than that, i guess you just have to decide if your tactics work well with jeeps.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline SnappingTurtle

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:37:59 AM »
I think jeeps are more for deterrence than hunting. If you keep a jeep amidst your rifles it makes it hard for the enemy to manoeuvre his snipers or stormtroopers.
Steam
CoH name: totalrecall

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:58:52 AM »
I don't often use Jeeps as US. Normally I just use my own snipers to countersnipe and if I'm having trouble with revealing them, use recon run. Jeeps aren't as good as bikes IMO.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:35:04 AM »
I find jeeps alittle useful. They can find snipers reasonably well if you manage to charge them while they retreat early on b4 there are too many units or faust ability is out :P You can also Jeep push units out of cover or use them to harass weapon teams :D. Like MG42 or Mortar. I got a couple of PG kills with my jeep ;D. That was sorta luck though :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
  • I have studied your art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:05 PM »
in team games they can be of some use to help friendly snipers and on bigger maps like red ball they can harrass early on but in a 1vs1 i have alomst never build a jeep
"But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline trollgore

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
so is there an agreement that american jeeps suck big #$%Q??? because they really are a bad unit that needs some buffing :-*

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »
I think their vet needs some sort of buff as well :). IMO it's very hard to vet a jeep and the result is not very rewarding :(.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline trollgore

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
i have NEVER EVER EVARRRRRRRRR!!!!! seen a jeep vet. :'( :'( :'( they need to have stats almost identical to the wher motorcycle, or a tracking ability like the pe kettenkrad or shwimmwagen (cant remember witch)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 01:25:45 AM »
I got Vet 1. Alomst got to Vet 2 but thats it. Never seen a Vet 3 Jeep. If you've spent that much time getting your Jeep to Vet 3 you probably aren't winning ;D. Beside most people favor the "imma suicide my jeep to get their sniper" tactic, meaning the jeep cant retain its vet :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 02:51:31 AM »
I got Vet 1. Alomst got to Vet 2 but thats it. Never seen a Vet 3 Jeep. If you've spent that much time getting your Jeep to Vet 3 you probably aren't winning ;D. Beside most people favor the "imma suicide my jeep to get their sniper" tactic, meaning the jeep cant retain its vet :P

Had a pretty competitive match as where an enemy jeep obtained vet 3, it was annoying as hell. Ironically; I had not built a sniper the entire match. Ended up winning with a P4 rush, it was quite a nice game...wish I still had the replay :/
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »
What does Jeep even get with Vet 3? And how is its damage system? Is it special like STG 44 where its 1.0 dmg vs all armor ??? Or does it suck like the Captain's pistol ;D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 03:44:10 AM »
Jeeps aren't useful. There are many ways to win without using them (THANK YOU RELIC, THEY SUCK!). To hunt snipers, I'd say use other snipers as GodlikeDennis said, but I personally prefer the M16. It can take on all infantry.
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 04:25:59 AM »
M16? Are we talking about the same game here?

Jeeps aren't that bad. They can assist rifleman when engaging the enemy and push :P They can also act as recon to scout enemy base.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 04:27:28 AM »
IIRC Jeeps get benefits for shooting at moving snipers. Also, like bikes, they have an incremental accuracy mod of <1. This means that while every other unit gets bonus damage when they shoot at larger and larger numbers of units (blob control), bikes and jeeps deal more damage to single, solitary units.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.