Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: American Jeeps  (Read 7304 times)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
Re: American Jeeps
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 04:47:07 AM »
IIRC Jeeps get benefits for shooting at moving snipers. Also, like bikes, they have an incremental accuracy mod of <1. This means that while every other unit gets bonus damage when they shoot at larger and larger numbers of units (blob control), bikes and jeeps deal more damage to single, solitary units.

Perfect against PG  ;D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline SnappingTurtle

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 05:14:11 AM »
Steam
CoH name: totalrecall

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
Jeeps are mostly only good as one of the first units to be produced. So you can harras pioneers, push Volks and PG's out of cover while your riflemen stay in-cover and to see if you enemy tried some sneaky things.

Later it's only usefull for sniper-hunt and recon.

More tips:
http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=page&name=us_howtobecomepro

On page 3, a jeep before riflemen build. Since it's power is in that you can get it early to counter a Volks - MG start or early sniper and pio spam abit. Thats when it's usefull :P

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
I'm sorry but how to use jeep/schwimm push inf out of cover? Make them crush to infantry's cover or flank behind them make they get out of cover to shoot the jeep?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »
You drive in behind the cover. They won't be driven over. but they will auto-maticly move away from cover. I've actually seen somebody micro the jeep so a VolksSquad couldn't retreat because he allways pushed the last two guys around so the never got as far as retreating before they both died.

Also Vs Early MG's they are good. Esp if they got no house to enter. So easy to flank with. It's all to keep up the pressure and avoid the Germans to get a good foothold and build up fuel+muni's for their weapons.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »
also a little tip with jeeps that i like to use, with a little bit of micro you can use jeeps to "push' units out of cover, or push them to prevent them from firing a panzerfaust/panzershreck or throwing a grenade

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
also a little tip with jeeps that i like to use, with a little bit of micro you can use jeeps to "push' units out of cover, or push them to prevent them from firing a panzerfaust/panzershreck or throwing a grenade

Hehe, just what i said.. But it didn't include the grenade thing ^^ Thats cool too. :D Actually haven't thought of that, i see shrek i try to hide it behind something like a building and pray :S
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:40:40 PM by Monos »