Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [EF-vani] Dann88's replays  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
[EF-vani] Dann88's replays
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
Dann88 (Panzer Elite-Luffwafe) vs EvanCOH (Soviet-Breakthrough)
Early match: Soviet managed to hold and cap 1/2 map only by 1 Command Squad and Ingeneries, skip the Conscript to tech Strelky, Sniper and Zis AT gun. PE studpidly over-use 2 AC without PG's support, 2 AC was destroyed later with 2 PGs squad tried to hide in the house.
Later: The tide began to change after PE change the tatic, AC is now the support, PGs are now the meat shield (later PzIV did that but didn't live long). Soviet lost precious MP and Fuel by Shrek+ AT HT.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:05:58 AM by Dann88 »
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: [EF-vani] Dann's 88 replays
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
Since I don't want to create new topic everytime I psot a replay, so I changed this topic's name and add new replays after match that I need advices.
Ok here, this is a new automatch one:
Dann88 (US-Infrantry) vs GuderiansBlitz (Wher-???) on Sturzdorf
Description: I'm suck when play US :P. Let's try download this replay and see what I struggles through this match. Please I need advices on this one, stat :P.
PS: its name on gameplay histories will be "s", sorry for the ugly name.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
Re: [EF-vani] Dann88's replays
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
I was impressed by your play early on and by your teching choices. As I was thinking what tech path you should go, you went it. However, you made a CRITICAL error in choosing infantry doc too early. You should be certain on the Wehr player's tech path before choosing so you can counter it best. Airborne would've been perfect.

When the Panthers started rolling out and the MGs were still camping in the buildings, you should've spammed a few AT guns and gone for snipers. Shermans can't compete with Panthers at all. AT guns + RR airborne should've been your counter, while snipers picked off the MGs. The Shermans should've just been your counterattack after disabling/destroying the Panthers so you could chase down the Ostwinds. I have to say that you deserved to win anyway. His Ostwinds were unusually effective, although you did tend to blob a bit, especially when going for a sticky plant. Such mass charges won't ever work against a higher up player.

You floated a LOT of manpower midgame, which I guess you decided to spend on Rangers which was a bad choice. This should've gone toward Snipers and AT guns, and a 2nd M8 would've been nice too. A word of advice on the M8 - never send it in without getting skirts first. Skirts should always be researched before MG. You repaired all your vehicles well though.

Early on, you had good avoidance play and capping but didn't handle the MGs in middle particularly well. You should practice a few flanks using flamers. Going M8 was a wise choice though.

Overall, you generally played better than him but made 3 critical errors as I saw it:
1. Chose doc too early, and infantry was wrong choice.
2. Lost 2 Ranger squads in 1 battle at an important stage, left side of map.
3. Failed to counter MG setup and Panthers after they arrived. You needed to make use of Snipers and AT guns as I said, or airborne could've supplemented your Shermans nicely.

Things you did well:
Tech path - up until the Panthers arrived you teched correctly.
General micro generally, and good avoidance gameplay against MG spam.
Good repair micro. Reasonably good timing on vehicle retreats and vehicle micro.

Minor things to improve:
Exiting buildings - lost a rifle squad at start when exiting from wrong side. I always try and specify which door/side to leave from.
Micro in big battles - lost those Rangers. Also, neglected Shermans a little when microing riflemen to throw stickies.
Flanking MGs with flamers - essential early game skill.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
[EF]-Langres
Dann88-Panzer Elite w/ Luftwaffe Tatic & SA-US w/ Amor Doctrine
This match is for my balancer application  (hopefully). Both me and SA use the strategy that we... never used it before :P.
Here is my overall strategy:
4 PGs to win skirmishes through brute force. Additional PGs or IHT depends on situation. I choose 5 PG, tech to tier 2 upgrade increase squad size, tech to tier 4 and buy AT HT w/ Muni HT. Tech to AT nades immediately when see any amor. Choose additional AT methods, I choose shrek because I think he'll keep spamming hellcat but I'm wrong. Men against tanks in late game.
SA overall strategy:
2 ES Barrack 2 Rifle (maybe 3) then tech to WSC. 30cal to pin blob and mortal to do the rest. Ignore tier 3 tech to Tank Hall and make Hellcat. Change from Hellcat to 105mm tank to against blob. Use everything he got in late game.
Other details:
Kinda cool tanks vs men battle. Nashorn's failure and so more :P
For who is curious, SA is short for Stand Alone (not THAT SA of the Nazi)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g7ckpfquzhezikq
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:59:12 PM by Dann88 »

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
[EF] WE WILL WIN OR DIE TRYING! (on langres)
1st match: Dann88 - [Wehrmacht] - Defensive :P vs BUKM1 - [Soviet] - Breakthrough
2nd match: Dann88 - [PanzerElite] - Tank hunter vs BUKM1 - [Soviet] - Breakthrough
3rd match: Dann88 - [Wehrmacht] - Terror vs BUKM1 - [Soviet] - Breakthrough (just copy-paste :P)

I can't tell much details since there are so many of them :P. Both side try to brutally destroy each other, and when it seems everything is over, the tide is changed in the most darkest hour. With the courage and determination burns inside, both player fight to the end.
With me, he's a very worthy opponent although I don't know him :P.
PS: in 3rd match, he won and maybe I will need to advice for this, actually from the match I won too (the 1st match).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:35:13 AM by Dann88 »

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »
I will post my automatches here, all of my opponent will be 10+ or so and it worth to see a little bit. If it's a EF automatch (rarely) I will add [EF] tag with it. I hope I can store those replays here for a while since I gonna try something on my comp in near future :P.
Dann88 (Wher-Blitz) vs leterriblemartin (US-Inf) in Ruin of Roen.