Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Lieutenant Query  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Vuther

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Lieutenant Query
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:28 PM »
Inside Vanilla CoH, the Lieutenant's aura did not affect Commandoes, Commando Weapon Teams, and captured equipment. They still gained experience for him, but were a unit type that was ineligible to receive the Lieutenant's aura bonuses. Did the Eastern Front mod change this at all (I have no idea whether it was bugged or intentional by any means)?

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
Re: Lieutenant Query
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »
Its intencional and wasnt changed in EF.
Commandos would be too strong with those bonuses. Also Commandos were sabotage units and they were meant to work behind enemy lines independently.

Offline Vuther

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Thank you very much! Whether it was a bug or not always wracked my mind.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:50:38 AM »
Yeah always intended. However, Commandos are too strong when they hit the field and not good enough later on once vet comes into play. They scale poorly and that's Relic's fault. At least they're still more useful than Churchills lategame.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Vuther

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:38:58 AM »
Yeah always intended. However, Commandos are too strong when they hit the field and not good enough later on once vet comes into play. They scale poorly and that's Relic's fault. At least they're still more useful than Churchills lategame.
Nerf Stens a little bit and give Lieutenant an damage aura at level 3 that only effects Commandoes?

*shrug* Balance is mostly out of my ability, 'specially with the infantry squads.

I guess if it was a problem enough, the EF team could make their Royal Marine's Commandoes use a personal XP system whilest slightly nerfing Stens.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »
Yeah IMO Commandos kinda suck vs Assault Grenadiers or Stormtroopers w/ MP44 once they have vet. I mean they have nades but those can be avoided :-\

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »
Nerf Stens a little bit and give Lieutenant an damage aura at level 3 that only effects Commandoes?
Commanos arent about blobbing and arent about frontal attacking a larger force.
Making them suck more without an LT (that cant use smoke and cant just run into a blob of enemy forces becouse he will die) wont help them.

Commandos have a great ability that blows up whole enemy squads in the late game. IEDs. They can plant Radio devices that make German cloaking (bundle nades, ambushed paks, annoing snipers) useless.
...but they shouldnt form blobs and that isnt a design flaw!

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »

Commandos have a great ability that blows up whole enemy squads in the late game. IEDs. They can plant Radio devices that make German cloaking (bundle nades, ambushed paks, annoing snipers) useless.
...but they shouldnt form blobs and that isnt a design flaw!

Yah, commando charges can be placed everywhere. So they won't need a lieutenant.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
The most common thing I've seen is putting a commando charge next to a strategic point and waiting for someone to try and cap it. I try throwing nades at it but for some reason it doesn't let me throw a nade at it firectly. I can only throw one near it >:(

Post Merge: November 06, 2011, 01:55:18 PM
I meant directly not firectly XD

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
As a safety measure once on Rails and Metal my brit commando partner and my airborne american self were trying to destroy tigers, we got lucky because of my hellcats and 3 AT guns, but they're hard to kill. He decided to start laying demo charges on the roads so that when the tank goes over them he detonates, weakening it as it comes right into our defense to allow an easy kill.

TL;DR Commandos don't need LT vet
"Balancers are 10 a penny"