Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: New German Units  (Read 56457 times)

Offline Tim270

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: New German Units
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
I might be wrong but i herd somewhere that OF was going to be more a standalone game than an expack.

Cherni_95

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
O right.. nvm

Offline Tim270

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 11:18:18 PM »
Well im sure we could put some OF stuff in, but i have no idea about the legal side of things  :angel1:

Offline Lone Commissar

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 07:43:56 AM »
Yeah but we'd have to wait until autumn.

Offline William

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 01:16:42 AM »
If we put OF stuff in our mod what would make people want tp buy OF? We could make it compatible but thats it, cant take any of there stuff without consent, WRITTEN consent, which I doubt.

--WIP--

Cherni_95

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 02:42:26 AM »
If you look at the BF2 mod Project Reality, EA allowed them to use items from the Expack and Booster Packs. So if Relic owuld allow maybe so.

Offline William

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »
Are you sure that PR asked EA. The things that they used where just the grappling hook and that small create picker upper thing? Sandbox used the zip-line and grappling hook and I'm not sure if he got permission either. The best thing we can do is ask.

--WIP--

Offline Panzermann

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 01:52:36 PM »
How 'bout a Marder II based on the Pz II chassis?
Or the "other" Marder III, Panzerjäger 38(t) für 7.62cm PaK36(r) Sd Kfz 139 

And for something totally unique & different, how about a single Captured T-34 in German Panzergrau, could be used to support SS Auxiliaries or "Osttruppen" units, perhaps even bought as a "package" in one of the Doctrines like the Urban Assault package used to be before Relic screwed it & removed the troops from the StuH & Tiger Ace, or it could be used as a bonus i.e. left on the map somewhere for the player to find & recover it with the Bergetiger.
The Bergetiger currently remains a "pet hate" of mine since only 3 known field conversions of this unit existed, I would much prefer to see the Pz III, Pz IV Bergepanzers or the Bergepanther utilized for this role.

Offline atylawska

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
how you call german units?maybe SS-leibstandarte?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 01:53:12 PM »
Why does everybody want to play disgusting SS? They killed too many civilists, begun warcrimes en massê
and were ideologically blinded. I would hate to play them.
However, I was totally bored today, so I started mindmapping
and outlining a basic concept for the German army, hope you'll like it!

Here we go:

Some weeks ago I bought a book named "Wehrmacht - Eine Bilanz",
which gives some stats and facts about "Operation Barbarossa".
At the start, the German troops covered about 3000 km frontlines,
about 3 million soldiers fought against the russian.
The German army had 2000 planes, 3300 tanks + LOAD's of PaK's etc.
That's why I decided to make support-troops at least 4 men  and  normal squads 6,
several prototypes and units were only available to the Eastern Front,
so I decided to make them call-ins, like Sturmtigers.

German troops earn veterancy by fighting and are pretty expensive, but damn_tough guys. Buying vet wouldn't fit in the system
since vetted troops in CoH are called from the Eastern Front like said in the Kampfkraft-centre.
Their units have a wide range of abilities, which all have a pretty high cooldown (but still lower than PE's, about 30-45 seconds), which can only be reduced by using Munitionspanzers and doctrine-specific abilities like 'Assault'.

The Germans should have 3 tiers:

Tier [1] = basic starting-tier, Wehrmachtquarters (1st Building),
builds Grenadiers, mg's and mortars (after upgrade).
Tier [2] = Skirmish Escalation, Kampf-Kompanie (2nd building),
unlocks officer, builds Panzer III (after Upgrade), halftracks and the Pak 40 aswell as some kind of Bergepanzer.
Tier [3] = Assault Escalation, Sturm-Kommand (3rd building),
requires officer, builds units like Panthers, Pumas and Stormtroopers.
Waffenkammer, buildable at tier [1], it's similar to the Kampfkraftcenter and provides global upgrades, for example enables mortar's, Panzer III's, and 2 upgrades which are only available if you choose a specific Operation:

Assault Operations: Enables an upgrade for Stormtroopers to be armed with Stg's44 instead of mp38 (1) and veteran-officers which improve Infantry's fighting-capacities (2) [reducing supression and lowering veterancy-requirements] .
Defensive Operations: Enables building Flak88s (1) [for a load of ressources] and allows to mount mortars in modified bunkers  (2) [ better protection from enemy fire].
Tank Operations: Enables your Pak's to use their ability 'Treadbreaker' - immobilization with low range (1) [good to stop an enemy tank trying to rush your PaK] and the ability to upgrade Panzer III's with 'Skurzen' (and a heavier maingun)(2) [increases survivability against heavier tanks].

Units out of Headquarters:
- Combat-Pioneers (4-man-squad), upgrades: Flamethrower, improved repairs, Minedetector,
builds buildings, tanktraps and mines etc.
- Officer (hardcap 1): adds, depending on picked doctrine,
specific abilities, improves nearby units stats.
- Kettenkrad, scout and similar to the bike.

Units:
- Panzergrenadiers (6-man-squad), upgrades:
Panzerschreck, Lmg42 (or another weapon like mp 38)
can ONLY throw grenades when upgraded with mp's or panzerschreck!
- Heavy 81mm mortar-troop (1 mortar per troop, 4-man-squad)
(2 for the mortar, 2 defenders with mg38)
- MG42-squad (4 men, 1 heavy mg42)
- Sdkfz 251 Upgrades: Sdkfz 251/17: 2 cm Flak, Sdkfz 251/22 - 7.5cm PaK40 L/46, can carry PaK's (lowers their speed and let them take more damage, but also doubles PaK-speed)
- Panzer III
- Panther
- Puma, upgrade: 50mm main cannon
- 7,5 cm PaK-40
- Stormtroopers (4 men), elite Infantry used for assaults,
can cloak and starts armed with mp-40's and panzerfausts.
Sniper, armed with a Kar98.
Doctrines:

Assault-Operations:
(Officers become armed with Stg44 and get an ability to focus artillery- and mortarfire on a certain point, regardless of eventual cooldown, increases damage-output for nearby grenadiers)

Right side: Artillery Support

- Mortar-Training: higher range & rate of fire, mortar production-speed is raised by 100%, troops start as vet 1 (2 points)
- Heavy Offmap-Artillery: Gustav artillery or 155mm offmap. (2 points)
- call-in of the Hummel-selfpropelled artillery(hardcap 2) (4 points)

left side: Urban Warfare

- Assault-Grenadiers: Upgrades grenadiers to throw better grenades over longer range (1 point)
- Assault: Available for vetted troops, breaks supression, increases speed and
reduces grenade-cooldown by 75%), but assaulting troops take additional damage. (2 points)
- Call-in Sturmtiger(1 time). Modified Tiger I armed
with a massive short-ranged Mortar which shreds buildings and enemy infantry. Each shot takes munitions. (4 points)

Hold the Line-Operations
(enables troops to retreat to the Officer like brits to the captain, adds life-regeneration to units and
gives defensive boni in own territory)

left side: Defensive-Operations

- Hold the Line!: Ability that increases units' rate of fire, increases armour and reduces supression. Only usable on your territory.(1point)
- Scorched Earth: disable strat-point until its repaired, enables grenadiers to lay mines, wire, sandbags and tanktraps. (2 points)
- Reinforcements: 2 Panzer-III's + grenadiers arrive on the battlefield, alternative: 1 Panther + grenadiers. (5 points)

Right side: Zeal

- Improved defenses: bunkers gain additional health, troops can reinforce at bunkers. (2 points)
- Zeal: adds 1 additional mg42 in mg42-troops, squads start as vet 1, troops fight better when loosing units. (2 points)
- call-in 2 Wespe medium Artillery(hardcap 4). (2 points)

Tank-Operations
(enables officers to reveal parts of the map via binoculars and to call in Luftwaffe-Bombardments)

Left side: Logistics:

- fast deployment: increase Productionspeed for tanks by 200% for 60 seconds (costs munitions). (1 point)
- Improved-AT-munitions: enables PaK's and tanks to fire improved shells which penetrate more often. (2 points)
- call-in Munitionspanzer III:  decreases cooldown between shots for nearby tanks, Artillery and grenadiers.
Also able to lay mines and spawns Goliaths.(2 points)

Right Side: Blitzkrieg!

- Crew-Training: tanks start with vet 1, mg-gunners are automatically added to the tanks. (2 points)
- call-in Ferdinand Tank Hunter. (3 points).
- call-in Jagdtiger (1 time).(4 points)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:05:32 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline atylawska

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
wehrmacht killed innocent people too.beeing i wehrmach was a crime after war

Offline Dominic 'Dragon' Cassidy

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »
That is totally untrue. The Wehrmacht was the name of the German Army (Wehrmacht Heer, Kriegmarine, and Luftwaffe). Being in the German Army was not a crime. People where only arrested for War Crimes, such as murder of civilians etc, usually things that broke the Geneva Convention treaties.

Edit: Sorry dArCReAvEr, ill check out your list in detail soon, just about to have a game with Lone Commissar.

Cassidy Motto -> Frangas non flectes.....You can break me, but I'll never bend.

Offline Soviet_Marine

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »
Imho, unlike the soldiers of other armies, Germans are those who often follow orders. So why they take part in many war crimes. They were more unlucky than soldiers in other armies i think.
"I'm in ur baze, killin' ur doodz" :-D

Sorry guys. My english sucks :-(

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
:-P You'll like it, details have to be figured out etc, but at least I like those suggestions ;)
Regarding to the Wehrmacht:

To an extend, especially at the eastern Front, Wehrmacht was involved into several war crimes, like the treatment of Prisoners of War. Because the Wehrmacht undersupplied them, many died of hunger. But like I said: The Wehrmacht is not responsible for most damage, it was done by the SS, Hitlers ideology-warriors ... The whole involvement is VERY complicated. For example there were whole divisions which didn't take action in executions, other battalions were even asked by SS-soldiers to watch those executions - for fun. Several Officers were VERY antisemitic and ruled with iron fist in their controlled zones, others not...

Like I said: VERY complicated...

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Lone Commissar

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »
It's always complicated with extremists and true soldiers involved, look at most 3rd world dictatorships. And when you then add citizen soldiery and total war and basically it all turns into a blurry mess.