Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Nebelwerfer 41 Reward Unit  (Read 2464 times)

Offline (2142)Gen.Reaper

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Nebelwerfer 41 Reward Unit
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »
The Nebelwerfer 42 is the current model used by the Wehr in CoH, I am suggesting that the Nebelwerfer 41 be added as a reward unit for the Nebel 42.

The Nebelwerfer 41 had six barrels compared to the five barrels of the 42' model and fired heavier and larger shells, but I think it had a shorter firing range than the 42 and weighed more. So it sacrifices firing range and speed for more firepower and an additional rocket.

345 launchers were built from 1941-45 and served on the Eastern Front, Italian Theater, and the Defense of France .

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Nebelwerfer 41 Reward Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:20:05 AM »

The Wehrmacht Nebelwefer in game has 6 barrels...

And what would be the point? What would the difference be? Cheaper? No Incdy? No Pinning??

Please be a bit more descriptive in your post and do your research more in depth next time please.

(On a side note, using Wikipedia to dig up every WWII weapon imaginable is not a good idea. Just...no.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:23:53 AM by Cranialwizard »
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline (2142)Gen.Reaper

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:24:55 AM »

It does? I actually never bothered to really count, I just went off the data I had about the Nebelwerfer 42, I guess the one the Wehr has is a different model, it's really hard to tell, the Germans produced alot damn variants of the Nebelwerfer, it really gets confusing to which one is which. 

Here's the best information I could fine on it:
http://www.wehrmacht-history.com/heer/rocket-artillery/28-32-cm-nebelwerfer-41.htm [nofollow]

Apparently it's also the same launchers that the Walking Stuka and that one French tank the PE has on them,so you could probably use those as a ingame reference. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:34:11 AM by (2142)Gen.Reaper »

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »

[...] I guess the one the Wehr has is a different model, it's really hard to tell, the Germans produced alot damn variants of the Nebelwerfer, it really gets confusing to which one is which.

Heh, try remembering the different types of tanks. Some tanks go to Ausf. A-J alone. (Take Panzer IV or Tiger for example.)

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my last reply. I do apologize for that.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:08:02 AM »
The point still stands. Just because something existed doesn't make an appropriate replacement. Think carefully before you suggest things and describe the way they would benefit gameplay in some way.

This is also a single unit suggestion and should have been posted in the main thread.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Mattdamon07

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
if it was like the stuka that would be unbalanced, stukas have way more damage then the nebel flame rounds, better vs tanks,inf and buildings. what would be the penalty though? i was thinking maybe longer reload time or maybe it cost muntions to fire. like say 10 or 15.
Eviction [WIP]
"What is it !? I am busy Fighting Americans!"- Stormtrooper.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
This really isn't Blitzkreig or any other similar mod, so we don't make our artillery pay munitions to fire, so your idea really wouldn't work there.

Anyway, why revive a pretty much dead thread, recommending this to be locked