Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: New Balancers wanted!  (Read 24647 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
New Balancers wanted!
« on: January 03, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »

Hello Eastern Front fans!

Hope everyone had a good New Year eve! As we are about to finish balance for Soviets in Eastern Front, we need more balancers for final testing.

You should be a experienced player (at least 2-3 years of playing CoH), should understand the (USSR-) gameplay-design and you should be able to work as part of a team. We don't want players that only can be available at weekends or some days at the week for playing and you also should post in the internal forum for suggestions and issues, we don't want "lone wolves" either, Eastern Front balance is not brought over Compstomping(skirmishes) but through PvP matches.

The best way to show your skills, is to send us a replay of you playing a 1v1 on a open map, either from vCoH or the latest version of Eastern Front(1.5.1.0). The game should last at least 15 minutes and should have an equal enemy.

Dont forget that testing is not a challenge, so its not about winning or loosing or getting better stats! So if you love the mod and want to get it better, apply on the application section of the forums.

At last but not least, I'd like to point out that we are running a Mentor/mentee program, in order to help players to familiarize with soviets, so if you are interested in learn how to play as soviets or against or you are experienced enough to help other players with this task, you can check this topic: Mentor/mentee-program for EF.

If you want to upload a replay, you can use the host server you like(Megaupload, SpeedyShare and post the link here or any other you may prefer) or you can use our uploader, just need to post the reply(or modify an existant one) using the "Reply" button instead of the "Quick Reply" function and click over "Addtional Options"; then you will see the elements you need to upload your files.

Regards,
The Eastern Front Team
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:15:08 AM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline SublimeSnugz

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • Zeh fucking truck won't lock down! Its OVAH! . . .
    • View Profile
Re: New Balancers wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
My Most Beloved Friend Zerstorer,

I have long thought of joining the EF balance team.  Alas, because of unforeseen dilemmas in our most dear friendship, I understand that despite your best efforts, you have been unable to accommodate Sublime back into the balance team.  I understand there are openings for the balance team now.  I may be but a humble noob compared to your expert CoH skills, but please allow myself and my friends from Sublime to assist you in further enhancing the EF mod that I have no doubt you are working so very hard on right now. You can find any of my replays at the EF Replays Section of our forum.  I cannot wait to assist you in the long hours of labor you are putting into this mod right now, and I express my utmost gratitude to you for adding the RMC, a faction no doubt beyond balance.

Your Old Friend,
Sublime Snugz.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:26:14 PM by Snugz »

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
man i want to, but i dont have the time, nor the skill. sorry. maybe next year.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
I have the time most of the week to test, and I have 2 years of experience with CoH. So I will send my application to the application board with a decent 1v1 game i did, though it be on VCoH as i can't really find anyone to play online with EF.
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
Maybe when my schooling ends, but for now I am only available on the weekends. I will try to play more PvP games though and get people I play with to join the forums.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
Here is my chance to be one of the boys! <3
I have been playing Coh since it first came out in 2006 and the EF mod for like 2 years? I do spent ridicalous much time here on the forum and all.
The only problem I see is that I havent play the USSR och USA much. I know the factions and all its doctrine but only through fighting against them XD I have to get familiar with those 2 first. Then if Iam lucky I will send an reply with an nice match! :D

( How do I send replays again? XD)

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »
I have played CoH since 2.5 patch, Ef mod since version 1.0. My best faction is Wehr but I'm very adaptive and learning any strats and tatics just after 1 match/replay. I nearly can play CoH-EF in anytime necessary except when I have tests or must attend in a project in school.
If today any other applicators contact me through PM, then I and him/her will have a fresh replay right away if not then I will find friends someone to make one soon.
PS: Should I attach the replay in the application or in replay section? Should I make a new post in application too?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:04:51 AM »
@Dann88
New post on the application section, and attach the replay there ;).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
Here is my chance to be one of the boys! <3
I have been playing Coh since it first came out in 2006 and the EF mod for like 2 years? I do spent ridicalous much time here on the forum and all.
The only problem I see is that I havent play the USSR och USA much. I know the factions and all its doctrine but only through fighting against them XD I have to get familiar with those 2 first. Then if Iam lucky I will send an reply with an nice match! :D

( How do I send replays again? XD)

If you want to upload a replay, you can use the host server you like(Megaupload, SpeedyShare and post the link here or any other you may prefer) or you can use our uploader, just need to post the reply(or modify an existant one) using the "Reply" button instead of the "Quick Reply" function and click over "Addtional Options"; then you will see the elements you need to upload your files.

Updated first post too.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 01:49:52 AM »
I would help and have tme but unfortunetly Im not so hot when it comes to USSR :P. At least I have basic understanding and some advanced knowledge of other factions. WIth USSR Im kinda lost :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline donthateme

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • The Great War 1918 Mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »
WIth USSR Im kinda lost :P

Well, thats a problem since we are balancing USSR-faction.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
WIth USSR Im kinda lost :P

Well, thats a problem since we are balancing USSR-faction.

I guess this is a WIP balancer gig then :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
Most of people feel lost because as far as I know, because there is no official guide for the Soviets (correct me if I'm wrong). Most of Soviet tatic and strat tips are so scattered and therefore can not be attached together to make something completely logical. Sorry because of off-topic. There will be my fresh replay in... 6 hours.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline donthateme

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • The Great War 1918 Mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 03:22:41 AM »
Most of people feel lost because as far as I know, because there is no official guide for the Soviets (correct me if I'm wrong). Most of Soviet tatic and strat tips are so scattered and therefore can not be attached together to make something completely logical. Sorry because of off-topic. There will be my fresh replay in... 6 hours.

Im writing a very detailed strategy-guide for USSR at the moment. As there are a lot of strategys and things to say, it will take some time. But as the next patch will change a lot gameplay-wise, I wont release it before the patch is out cause otherwise it wont be up to date.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:24:39 AM by donthateme »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 04:10:24 AM »
Is Cranial still working on that begineers tutorial guide for all the SU buildings, units, and abilities or are you undertaking that now  ???

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"