Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: What if...  (Read 16926 times)

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: What if...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
Plenty, plenty enough that the Italians designed a Tank Destroyer (which never made it to the Eastern Front BTW) to combat the T-34 after they saw how weak their current weapons were. They were one of the largest contributors to that front after the Finnish and Hungarians. They served at Stalingrad IIRC and throughout the Southern USSR.

Did they still use Italian gear or did they use German gear ???

Italian for the most part. But I'm sure they may have used German tanks in certain divisions. They most likely captured enemy weapons too... Italy was an agrarian society when the war broke out and thus they did not have the manufacturing capacity for tanks and weapons as did other countries like Germany and USA.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »
I would love to see the typical COD ww2 game where you got to fight this ¨rare¨ nations. An example that you in the Russian campaigne in Stalingrad in various levels fight italians for example. That would be awesome!  I know people are like why not let the player be one the axis side? But sadly in our world there is never going to be a game where you play on any side associated with the holocaust and such horrible themes. Well, at least not in the nearest couples of years :> I know that COD: The big Red one actually were kind of unique because there you fought italians and even Vichyfrench troops! :D

I think the EF forum are Pros when it comes to going off topic in threads btw XD
I would like to blaim Hitler being the main reason. A guy with war experiance from ww1 trying to lead a ¨modern¨ global conflict instead of letting his educated in the genre generals do that .
Well well, Its only a good thing it happen to be that way. The bad guys lost! :>

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 08:46:13 PM »
IIRC Hitler had an old style of commanding where what he said goes and no one said other wise and if you did you got in trouble. And if you broke the rules or disobeyed command you got into even more trouble :P. Not what an effective leader should do.

I think the EF forum are Pros when it comes to going off topic in threads btw XD

I agree ;D. Professional spammers :D

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 09:46:08 PM »
I would assume that this thread isn't off topic as it points out mistakes related to the Germans and the axis side in general.

It's well known that Hitler had a shitty command authority and had excellent generals at his side but when it came time to lay the law down he made bad decisions. Had the war dragged on for another year perhaps the outcome may have differed because of German technological advances like the Jet Plane.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »
I don't think the ME262 would have made such a difference if the war dragged out even a year or two longer. The British already had the Gloster Meteor which worked quite well and the Americans would have P-80 Shooting Stars by September 1945. Both of those were mass producible designs and the ME262 wouldn't have the numbers to beat them while fending off the American Bombers

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »
For all the German technological advances, chances are: They were still screwed :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:04 AM »
Screw the what if..., even Hitler wasnt borned, WWII will erupt anyway except that the belligerents are now the Allied and Communism Forces. Then the game industry still find ideas to make a worldwide millions-billions $ worth bussiness. At least we don't have games about cold war after that. Forget about Hitler please except when you just put something longer than 1 meter and sharp to his ass.

I remembered there is a sign Africa wrote about Italian soldiers in WW2 like something: "Had enough courage but not enough fortune". Confirm?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 12:52:59 AM »
I remembered there is a sign Africa wrote about Italian soldiers in WW2 like something: "Had enough courage but not enough fortune". Confirm?

The Italians are infamous for being ill-couragous...but I really do think it was a reason of bad luck and equipment. Carcanos froze often in colder conditions for a good example.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
Basically the Italians weren't prepared for the war and IMO Japan wasn't necessarily ready either to face the US (even though hstorians say that WW2 started when Japan invaded Manchuria, so theoretically they started it off) but Hitler said "Fuck it! Im starting my blitz anyways!".

And reports say that Stalin believed that Hitler was honest in his peace treaty (forgot the name) so really, Operation Barbossa was unnecessary that early on in the war. Sure you have the element of surprise but that doesnt account for crap if you dont actually have something to surprise them with :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
And reports say that Stalin believed that Hitler was honest in his peace treaty (forgot the name) so really, Operation Barbossa was unnecessary that early on in the war. Sure you have the element of surprise but that doesnt account for crap if you dont actually have something to surprise them with :P

I agree, it may have been too early for Hitler to strike, but on that same token, neither was the USSR. Given the option to strike one or two years in the future I think Stalin may have been the aggressor, especially with the T-34 in mass production. At the beginning of the war Stalin was in "Oh Shit" mode.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »
I forget when the T-34 actually started coming into production (someone enlighten me) But Stalin wouldv'e had a crap load of them. Then again, Hitler would have a crap load of panzers too (cause they dont all haul their ass to Stalingrad just to freeze :P). In fact if Hitler didnt need to attack USSR then he could've gven Rommel the forces he needed to take the Suez Canal and control the reasources he needed.

Also Japan may have been pissed that the US had set up an embargo on them, but attacking Pearl Harbor was like on of the last few victories of the war on their side. The turing point of the Pacific is considerd to be Midway which IMO is kinda sad. After that its mainly losses and destruction :'(. And by doing this, the US then had the green light to begin assaulting Germany's and Itlay's forces.

In addition beofre Pearl Harbor the US had been lead leasing supplies and tried to stay neutral. Now it was sending as much stuff as it could in order to end the war. And US wase certainly ready to outproduce Germany's factories :-X

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »
Hitler could have won the war if he hadn't declared war on the US for the lulz
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline dragonmith

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »
Hitler declaring war on the U.S kinda shows loyalty to his allies, Japan had started that war, so for better or worse he joined (he might not have had too)

BTW, never invade Russia  :P

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
(he might not have had too)

He HAD to declare the war.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Mattdamon07

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
In a way war is a healthy to our human nature, if it wasnt for wars we wouldnt have some technology we use today such as nuclear powered things and even cars! (since the egyptians created the wheel for military purposes) otherwise it would have been in way where every country is a whole ( which is highly unlikely)
Eviction [WIP]
"What is it !? I am busy Fighting Americans!"- Stormtrooper.