Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Doctrines (kingtiger)  (Read 18809 times)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Doctrines
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
We're not adding a Maus. In reality it was a useless prototype that broke down and had to be destroyed by its crew.
In a simulation where fuel consumption and mechanical problems don't exist, the tank would simply be a huge annoying slow bastard that takes far too much effort to destroy.

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 11:06:21 AM »
would be some kind of super weapon ;D. AND as mentioned there were (i think) 2 prototypes, NEVER used in combat. wouldn't make any sense adding it - this is an eastern front mod not some kind of secret weapons mod.
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline bastex

• Guard
  • we enforce soviet will
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »
it was used against the russian once and once the germans knew they had lost the mause they blew it up so the russian coud not replicate it for own use. k it would take a year to kill it and it goes like 18 km/h its damm slow but a high defensive vehikel and a u know i cant cross bridges so in bridge map it would be realy as heavy deff make it like the tiger ace (now kingtiger) in terror was 1 use only( only a sugestion bcouse i love the mouse <3) ( and btw a is 3 wouyld still have big issues agains the SUPER MAUS)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:11:09 PM by bastex »
yes .... im sorry ><
bcouse i was  born as a complete utter bastard

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »
We're not adding a Maus.

sounds clear to me...
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline kitekatus

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 08:11:30 PM »
i think MAUS would be just a waste of resources even if it will be placed in the
mod it will be very expensive and for the same ammount of reources and time which would take to build MAUS u can build few tigers or defensive line with flak's ,MG nests ,bunkers and more and more and i think these things would be much more usefull in battlefield than one f***ing huge piece of metal.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people."
Heinz Guderian

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
Both Maus prototypes tried to flee advancing Soviet forces to avoid being captured. The Soviets overran the one with the dummy turret first, but the one with the working turret escaped, before breaking down and being scuttled by its crew. Some Soviet sources obviously would have liked people to believe they destroyed it themselves, but we know this is highly unlikely given the size of the thing.

Chasing one down in a campaign mission would be fun though... it would make an awesome boss, similar to US mission where you destroy the Tiger Ace ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:36:29 PM by BurroDiablo »

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
Very good idea, featured all the good units not already in CoH, the nashorn, the jadgtiger, the elefant and the strumtiger and brumbaear.

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Doctrines (kingtiger)
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »
changes:
-units and doctrines reworked

Post Merge: September 02, 2009, 05:19:08 PM
changes:
*removed StuG IV
*added Sd.Kfz. 251/9 "Stummel"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:19:08 PM by kingtiger »