Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: v1.6 Stormovie  (Read 7121 times)

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
v1.6 Stormovie
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
I need some help with Stormovie. I keep 1 Ingenery/ROK to maintain a build capacity, defencing, and to cut the wire for an infantry assault. It seems clear that Stormovie must support The Tankovy Companies. On a good day I will have a Lt and Medium Tank plt. or a Tky plt and a ISU2/3. I keep thinking of a 4 squad blob as I would a similarly sized PG/ST44 blob; IE move order combat. I expect this notion has some faulty thinking involved. Suggestions for assault blob use are welcomed.

What is the Muni maintenance Cost/min. for a Stormovie Squad? I am confident it will be nerfed upwards. IIRC Stormovie Squads have 360 HP. I am confident the 15 MP reinforce cost will be nerfed upwards. How many Stormovie Squads do you use?
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: v1.6 Stormovie
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 01:39:29 AM »
I am not aware of any of the health or upkeep of the storm engineers but sometimes I make 5 or 6 of them simply because they are cheap for their effectiveness and can repair your late game heavy armor pretty fast.  But only if your opponent is not STG44 spamming.
My personal favorite

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:11:50 AM »
If you're going to buy Sturmovie IMO you should get a relatively large amount. Its not worth it to buy a 25 fuel upgrade just to buy one or 2 sturms. It like buying 1 HT and a Puma and then buying vehicles vet. It just doesn't justify the cost of doing so. Maybe get like 3-4+. And IDK what you are talking about when you mention tank blobs (i assume you spam groups of T-34) but blobbing Sturms is not advised (although everyone seems to do it). They have negative zeal. IDK what the penalty is.

And you don't JUST have to support tanks with Sutrm. If anything that means they'll get shot at and then probably lose some guys and have to be retreated. Then there will be no one to repair your tank (or at the least, less)

Just me personally I usually get 1-2 flamers. First off they do good vs PG or Elite armor. Second you can still build stuff like an Outpost.

And AFAIK 3 man StG PG vs Sturm: Sturm wins more often than not

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
When I build Stormovie, and I don't always; I find 4 Stormovie and 1 ing work well. I would not build the ing but CAP becomes a problem when my THs get their extra squad member later in game.
As Fish suggests Assault grens are puissant. I like four of those or even 1-2 when Fall's are available. I don't consider Assault Grens in the same class as any other SMG unti because of their ability to move and fight so well. correct be if i'm wrong but Amis BARs have a similar ability?

AFAIK STormovies don't have an MP upkeep, They have a different Squad name from Ings so I think they could have an MP added if the devs chose. I disagree with Fish about using Stormovie for tank support. Their defencing abilities and low reinforce cost make them perfect in this role and Ings and mechanics just don't hold up well.

I found Stormovies much less desirable in 1.5.x, when they had the 40 Mt reinforce cost. It will be interestingto see how they change in 1.7.x. I only hope they are given minelaying abilty.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »
I never said to fight with Inginery or Mechanic squad. I just said you don't really need to have your Sturm follow your tanks. If anything it will be too much to handle and unless you have good micro it will start to get confusing. I'll be honest it would a bit too much for me too :P. IMO they are assualt troops. Treat them as such. Use them for repair when you really need it. Otherwise they are much better off kicking PG ass.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:16:29 AM by Bread Fish »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 03:31:12 AM »
Their repairs are nerfed next patch anyway. The reason they have ingenery repair rate in 1.6 is a bug/oversight.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
So they will repair like Panzer Grenadier.
My personal favorite

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
So they will repair like Panzer Grenadier.

Basically. Unless the have a diff rep rate. PG hava a dismal rate of  .5 IIRC.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »
What's better in both cost effectiveness and survavability or firepower?  Strelky with PPSH or Sturmovie Engineers?
My personal favorite

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
TBH I would say Sturmovie are better at fighting but you have to go out of your way to get them. I personally like PPSH Strelky.

But IDK if Sturmovie are getting nerfed in the next patch. Their cost should be increased IMO.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »
Excerpted from GLD reply on Strelky vs Guards Topic:
# ppsh_smg.rgd (Strelky PPSh)
  | Zaxis S DPS = 16.36
  | Zaxis M DPS = 4.33
  | Zaxis L DPS = 1.7

# ppsh_smg_st.rgd (Sturmovie PPSh)
  | Zaxis S DPS = 19.63
  | Zaxis M DPS = 6.49
  | Zaxis L DPS = 2.04

... An important factor to mention is this is only raw stats and doesn't include the target tables. SMGs and LMGs will appear stronger here than they actually are (against infantry armour). They actually do 25% less than is shown here. Feel free to calculate this yourself. This is due to SMGs and LMGs being designed to scale against stronger armour types while not being too strong vs infantry armour (basic armour type).

Cost for Sturmovie: 250mp/75Mt, 200mp/25Fl Armory upg, 18mp reinforce, 4 man squad

Cost for Strelky: 270mp/75Mt, 150mp/40Fl Armory upg, 27-22 mp reinforce, 6 man squad

Other data needs be provided by others. Stormovie is available much earlier due to T2/T2 upg requirement for Strelky; Cost is additional 320mp/35Fl but really I think the cost should be ignored  and only time delay considered here.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
兵 of
法 War

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Strelky are 22 - 18MP to reinforce. Sturms low reinforce in 1.6 is an oversight/bug that was caused by the removal of the separate Sturm unit and changing it to an Ingenery upgrade.

Sturms lack Sprint and (with Urban) nades, so they won't be as strong against MGs. However, they have Satchels so are excellent against bunkers and Flaks/Paks. Strelky also gain some limited AT ability in 1.7, which Sturms lack completely. Basically, both units are pretty similar and it's all about what you need them for. Against just volks or grens, both will perform similarly.

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
 "Strelky also gain some limited AT ability in 1.7 "
АТ nades , mines or what  :P

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »
*perks up ears*
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
You'll find out soon enough.