Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Am vs. Pe  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
Am vs. Pe
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
When those hetzer come out all the US got is US-eless.

I've followed this guide;
http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=page&name=coh_zerocrack_uspe&st=1

"BAR equipped Riflemen will own Panzer Grenadiers,"

Spam AT-guns to deal with vehicles might sound easy but when your Rifles are dead, what are going to protect your AT-Guns? The M8's will die to the 3 Hetzers before Hetzers die to 2-3 AT'guns.

What do you guys do against hetzers and PE late-game blob. If you get him down to let's say, 500-100Vp when lategame comes he will own and 300-100 and then destroy your base so you can't win. Though early and mid-game you had the whole map capped, Hetzers do not require Fuel to construct and thus, he will get 2 or more really quick.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Am vs. Pe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »
Nobody uses M8's against bloody at guns O.o. I recommend to use stickies against the hetzers. In addition you should always fight from cover or get really close to the PE grenadiers (not if they got STG44 ofc). If he uses blobs you'll better place mines (deadly) and use MG's. (A well placed MG nest can turn a game, only build it if you got enough ressources).
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
PE don't have AT-guns, i do. To defend them against the enemy storming infantry. A HMG might have helped alot.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
PE has ATHT, long range and some nice abilities. Narrow range of FIre THough and it comes in AT T4. Cheaper than Sov ATG's iirc
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline Trooper425

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »
Hetzers are over-compensation for AT guns. You see them, keep your vehicles OFF THE FRONT LINE.
The wise general learns from the deaths of others.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
Well with a Hetzer you have a few options:

-AT Gun supported by Rifles or better yet a sniper or MG. A PE player will send PGs to an AT gun and you can counter it with effective AI.
-Circle strafe it with a Sherman or Hellcat
-Sticky it and get some AT from another sources (anything from rangers to a Pershing XD)
-Mines, followed by AT (similar to option 3)
-Pershing :P
-Artillery or Calliope (although this is extremely unreliable)

And if he gets Jagdpanzer then its easier for you since its a dedicated AT destroyer and has no AI abilities.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
A ATHT in support of Hetzer batteries is cheap insurance against AFV Circle Strafes. If da wheels you blow the strafe don't go!  Artillery may be unreliable  but its your best bet short of a tagteam approach by heavier armor. IIRC the accel/decel of the Hetzer is pretty good too allowing a quick bug-out.

孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

Offline Cyanide7662

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:12:45 AM »
personally? by the time a hetzer rolls onto the field (1v1) idve wasted more than theyve wasted me, so, id have a couple of shermans and MAYBE an M10 by then, plus of course the rifles, snipers, mortars and HMGs. what i do, is id do one of two things depending on the situation.

1) main thing is id keep my support infantry back, send in my rifles to distract it while i flank with the shermans, send both around its arse, turn toward it, and when it turns to shoot one, send one around it again for a tasty Hetzer sandwhich! when its decided on one to attack, again, roll around it and etc etc, takes little bit of multitasking. if M10s up too id have it just within range so i can pull it back if need arises.

2) if theres more than one player, first thing id grab are sticky bombs cuz chances are your teammate might lose alot of troops, ergo giving the PE guy higher chance to grab it, if that happens and you dont have at least one sherman, stickys are a life saver, break its treads, roll up an ATG or M8 (still does good damage on a Hetzers rear) and you should be able to take it out no problem.

hope that helps

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 05:15:50 AM »
Just out of curiosity do u play vs comp or PvP? I only ask because this:

personally? by the time a hetzer rolls onto the field (1v1) idve wasted more than theyve wasted me, so, id have a couple of shermans and MAYBE an M10 by then, plus of course the rifles, snipers, mortars and HMGs. what i do, is id do one of two things depending on the situation

sounds a bit unlikely to me. Unless u are either dominating. But if u are dominating then clearly there is a skill gap, not a balance gap.

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
Against PE blobs try BARs supression fire and upgradet halftrack.

Also maybe airborn doctrine is a good choise.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
Or snipers :P. PE have tough time killing those

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
Well first off, you probably keep loosing AT guns and up against Hetzers, that is your problem.  What you should always do, is to keep your AT guns behind your forces.  If you are up against PGs that can eliminate your riflemen, back up the AT guns first to a safe position, while that's happening keep your Rifleman supporting the AT gun as long as you can(acting like a meat shield, since they need to charge your deadly bar rifles first to get to the AT guns) , even though you know you may not win or take losses (unless you are in risk of loosing your entire squad) it's worth protecting them.  So when your AT guns are safe from the enemy, now is a good time to retreat those rifleman and get regrouped, and push the enemy back.
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
Just go this bo:

1) train 2nd engy
2) 1st engy builds barracks
3) as soon as 2nd engy is next to barracks send 1st engy to capping sectors (ammunition > fuel)
4) train riflemen
5) train 3rd pio
5) train riflemen
6) train riflemen
7) train riflemen

Get 1-2 flamers. If opponent uses halftracks -> tech stickies
If you anticipate an Armoured car -> tech stickies & get a triage center (!)

Just use riflemen combined with flamer pios to roast enemy squads. Never send engies alone, always take 1-2 rifles with them. You'll dominate pgrens easily. If enemy gets halftracks, just rush up to them and use stickies. If there's an AC coming use stickies if it gets close and just focus fire it. Always move towards it. As long as the AC moves it has shitty accuracy. And Triage Center healed riflemen/flamers will not die fast against armoured cars.

(8) Build Outpost on fuel, not 100% necessary, but nice. If you already have the whole map you don't need to)
9) build supply yard
10) Tank Depot
11) Build M10/Hellcat
12) Build moar tanks
13) bars (if necessary)

This strategy works with every doctrine. Just use the one you like the most. It's not been made by me, but by Aimstrong and Tommy. I've only played like 2 games with it yet, but it's incredibly easy to beat PE players with it.

Edit: some more games I made today. It's ridiculously strong, haven't lost a single time yet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:26:11 AM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »
If all he has is just PGs and Hetzers, then you can get some BAR rifles and AT guns along with a few snipers.
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 02:26:53 AM »
If all he has is just PGs and Hetzers, then you can get some BAR rifles and AT guns along with a few snipers.
Flamers are more efficient than bars. M10 are more efficient than AT guns. Agree on the snipers, though.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.