Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [Finished] Korosten (4)  (Read 3798 times)

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
[Finished] Korosten (4)
« on: September 02, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Ladies and Gents, I present Korosten! Inspired by St. Hilaire (4), Burnieres-Sur-Mer (2), Montargis Region and a couple of wartime photos I have, I figured I would pull this together while I still had the chance before I start University again.

At the moment the map is almost finished, with just a few texture blips to sort out and a little bit of excitement to add to the industrial area, as well as the territory to map properly. I would however like to hear any opinions on the work I've done so far, before I shelf this one with Voronezh (4).

At present, this is Korosten set during the early thaw, so there's plenty of wetness on the road, but plenty of snow remaining.

The central bridge, with two other pathways alongside it, through more treacherous water.

A closer look at the road textures, with the slushed, melting snow.

The South-Western side of the industrial sector.

The Industrial Sector.

An unfixable bridge on the Eastern side of the Industrial sector. Any opinions of this would be very appreciated! I've not been completely satisfied with this since I threw it together.

The central, Northernmost railway.

The minimap.

Just in case anybody is wondering, opposing sides are not separated by the river, rather the teams are. The narrow side of the river contains almost half of the resources, but provides far denser combat, whereas the wider side of the river contains more industrial obstacles, forest and sporadic fighting.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:54:02 PM by MonolithicBacon »

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Korosten (4)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
Awesome shit, man! Regarding your map's quality and their perfect balance ( map layout-wise) I will think about talking to the team ( there's still work to do in the campaign section..) ;)

So long, Maxi

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
Cheers Maxi!

It's practically finished now, so if you happen to want to look at it yourself, just let me know. Now I'm going to start my next project before it's too late!

Thanks again.

Offline panthertank67

• Balancer
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »
Great map keep up the awesome work :)
Tiger: Like a hot knife through butter................... T-34 destroyed.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:24:06 AM »
Looks very nice but where are the base sectors? I was hoping for a Montherme style 3v3 map, with a 1v1 in the north and 2v2 in the South/main area.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline MonolithicBacon

• Mapper
  • Commissar
  • When in doubt, crush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
At the moment the map is a 2vs2, so each team are in the opposing corners (they just don't show up on the minimap!) This is why it plays heavily like Bernieres-Sur-Mer (or at least the version I converted to be 4 player instead of 2), where those on the narrow half of the map have to capture the middle sectors to spill over onto the broad side and help their teammates, who are left with a lot of ground to cover.
Although I did consider making it a 3vs3 map, it isn't the largest of maps (448x384) compared to Montherme (512x416), but if enough people wanted it 3vs3, there is room to add more bases but it will take a bit of remodeling to fit them in fairly.