Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Is Strelky too good for 270MP  (Read 6142 times)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Is Strelky too good for 270MP
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
They seem pretty good for 270, their rifles are as good as the Panzer Grenadier's kar98s or their guards counter part, they have 6 of them.  Right there makes them far better firepower than American Riflemen which costs 270 at the same time.  I think a small increase (10-30 manpower) is reasonable.  I think they can also beat Wehrmacht and PE Grenadiers fairly well too.
My personal favorite

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Is Strelky too good for 270MP
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »
If you would get them from T1 in the first place instead of Conscripts when the game starts, yeah they would seem OP but SU has Conscripts and Strelky has a Tech cost to have, so their squad price is absolutely fine atm. Until you get your first Strelky you spend a lot of resources ( 3-4 Concripts then T2 then Pool Upgd ).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:35:50 PM by Riggsman »

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »
I feel right now, Strelky has a very good damage output (upgrade or not) but they die very fast! Even faster than conscript :P
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »
I feel right now, Strelky has a very good damage output (upgrade or not) but they die very fast! Even faster than conscript :P

If I'm not wrong they have the same Hp as Rifleman squad but with vet+RBS they even get better. Use them carefully, retreat without hesitation then they will make you happy, believe me :)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
If you would get them from in the first place instead of Conscripts when the game starts, yeah they would seem OP
In high resource basic matches you can immediately skip conscripts and go for Strelky ;)
My personal favorite

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
If you would get them from in the first place instead of Conscripts when the game starts, yeah they would seem OP
In high resource basic matches you can immediately skip conscripts and go for Strelky ;)

Balance is not based off of high resource basic matches.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
In high resources a Wehr player can immediately go for Grens.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »
Well a PG Kar is weaker than a Grenadeir Kar (I think) and  and a Conscript Rilfe is weaker than a Strelky Rifle. They are okay atm

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »
If memory serves, Strekly rifles are = to or better than Grenadier rifles. This is considered OK?
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Strelky rifles are weaker than gren rifles, though there are 6 of them. 12 dmg vs 15 dmg. Grens are better at long range. Strelky better at mid/close.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Sotahullu

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 05:17:58 AM »
They are in my opinion, pretty cheap for what they can do now. But i'm not saying that Strelky is overpowered or anything like that but more like beefed up conscripts.

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »
Well...Strelky are very nice for an SU early-mid game.  They're versatile, like the Brit Infantry Section, with decent upgrades.  They can't build anything, unlike the Infantry Section, though.  So I suppose it gets balanced out that way.

But yea, the "Dinner-Plate"-28 and the PPHS-41 both up the usefulness of the squad by ten-fold.  So, the Strelky are more or less equal to the Grenadiers, without upgrades.  With upgrades, they equal to a Grenadier with upgrades (namely the LMG42) as well.  I'm going to say that they're quiet balanced as of now.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
The only good thing for Strelky is when you use them in a few squads or more, and since they die easily and have upkeep, 270 MP is actually OK. It is good VS grenadier because grenadier have higher HP and can upgrade for 2 different weapons compared to strelky that only upgrade with either machine gun and the AT for them is not so strong if compared again with grenadiers.

If there is a no pop mode, can go for consrcipts and imngery because they have 0 upkeep (though they are very weak).

Offline Sean_Lee

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »
I think the Strelky is great for 270 MP, because early on in the game, I have around 4-5 squads of them armed with PPSH-41's and I usually rip grenadiers apart while under cover

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »
For me  Strelky always lose to un-upgraded Grenadiers even if they have PPSH's or Degtyaryov's so the cost is good for now considering they feel underpowered but i don't expect more from them