Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Patch 1.70  (Read 32823 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Eastern Front Patch 1.70
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »
Eastern Front Patch 1.70
'Red October'

Eastern Front fans,

The new version 1.7.0.0 has been released! It has been 11 months of development and we have a a lot of changes coming, we also have a couple of new members: DMz and Beefy^ which will help us on the soviet and ostheer fronts of the mod. Now, for some details of what the patch contains:

• The most important achievement from this version is than now Eastern Front has been optimized! Thanks to DMz and Beefy^ now Eastern Front mod will use less resources, which means we expect players get a better experience while playing instead of frequent crashes.
  • Soviets now have their own flags in their captured points, which means you won't see that blue flag anymore neither an allied flag. This also applies for Victory Points.
  • Soviets now also have new models for their Firebase emplacement and their Outpost.
  • Jumbo is no more the reward unit for the Calliope, which means the US faction has one less unit as reward, we might add one more or not in the future, although right now we cannot think of anything that fits.
  • New maps, and many changes for the old ones to make sure they stay balanced.
  • New weapon models for soviets, courtesy of inukshuk and eliwood.
  • Soviets now display stats.

Right now we continue working to finnish the Ostheer assets, but now with the help of DMz & Beefy^ it is possible to release both, Ostheer and the revamped Soviet assets on 2.0!

As this version contains huge changes, it wasn't possible to make a patch version for the launcher, so only the full version will be available for this time. We would like to thank players for all the feedback they gave us and to give an apologize for delaying too much for this patch, but I'm sure it will be worth the delay. Also, thanks to our balancers for giving us a hand to have a better balance.

As most of the players know, Eastern Front balance team is small, so something probably have missed us, so remember to give feedback about how you feel the game, what can be done to be improved, what is wrong with the current balance, etc. Anything that can help us to improve Eastern Front, but don't forget to bring up replays or screenshots, according to the report you will do, to back up your suggestions.

Remember, Ostheer beta is closer, stay tunned and see you in the battlefield!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pKeo5a74KXQ?hd=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pKeo5a74KXQ?hd=1&amp;rel=0</a>

Download at:
ModDB
Torrent
Speedyshare
Modsaholic

Thanks for downloading and continue to enjoy,

Eastern Front Development Team
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:38:25 PM by blackbishop »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Patch 1.70
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »
Hrmm that lovely T-34/85 with bedsprings looks very nice... Will that be an available upgrade or come standard on all T-34/85s?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »
It won't come as standard otherwise they won't be able to use the tank rider ability :)... unless you ignore how weird the infantry will look :P.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
Fck the Soviets I am getting Crusaders for RMC
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »
Be aware that Crusaders were a fairly last minute addition and haven't been balanced much yet. They'll be looked into ASAP.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
Do the RMC get the possibility of choosing between Achilles and Firefly? I was really hoping to see a return of the Firefly for the RMC. And is it possible to add some extra download locations? Neither of the three listed in this post is working for me...

Oh yes, I forgot: great work!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:01:59 AM by Nils18 »
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »
A torrent would be nice.
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
GJ!  ;D

Offline Speed

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
Great job as always guys, models are looking very nice and shiny. Glad to have the outpost fixed too, loving the model for it [ Great job Walki ] and the firebase. Keep up the wonderful work  :)

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »
I read the info and I am thinking this way - after 1.7 we will see 2.0  :P

This is the best update of the mod for now.
And this means that you guys are on the right way giving better and better gamplay to everyone who love EF mod  8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:18:02 PM by Dreamerbg »

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
I personally thank all Balance team one by one who spent their valuable time, worked like crazy day and night just to improve the gameplay to a higher competitive level. They didn't just play the game for fun, took the case seriously like a job, fought each other like hell but for all done for the sake of the game. I'm proud to be part of this guys.

DarcReaver ( change your PC pls ), Killar ( he's a kind of Dexter ), GodlikeDennis ( timezone diff can't stop him ), CranialWizard ( he survived from a tornado ffs ), Glimmerman ( Pizzaboy ) and JBConquerer ( he is not Justin Bieber, really ).

Hope you enjoy the game guys. Don't forget to follow our Twitchtv streams ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:11:05 PM by Riggsman »

Killar

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
Thanks Riggs!

I would also thank every balancer for his time and effort which they did put into the soviet faction. Without you there would have been no patch. Also thanks for the propaganda casts and nice games with you Riggs!

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
yeah i also like to thank all of you guys
you did a great job (like you do with every patch :P)

keep on the good work together
I tip my hat in front of you :D

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
I just have to download the full version and installed it right? Dont have to uninstall or anything? :O
Downloading right now! I cant play to check it out! That was a really good trailer btw! Good job on that! Loved the jagdtiger making the entrance at the end!

Good job everybody! That you guys are doing this volunteerly without charging for it its just amazing! ( Yeah Iam gonna donate money sometime, I just dont seem to get my paypal to work :P)

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Thank you, dear balancers. You did an outstanding job! :D

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa