Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.702] Sturmovic and God of War + T90 tank  (Read 2929 times)

Offline mSnowflake

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
[1.702] Sturmovic and God of War + T90 tank
« on: November 24, 2012, 03:42:53 PM »
hello,

First of all great work with the latest version of EF.

Just got a bit of a problem with the sturmovics costing 250 munitions while God of war only costs 200 munitions while god of war is so much more powerfull then the sturmovics..
I think the munitions cost of these 2 call ins should be atleast the same, maybe even the sturmovics only 200 and god of war 250..
But yeah thats only a small problem with it.

Also I noticed the T90's damage output has been lowered significantly.
In a match 1 hour - 2 hours ago it had troubles even taken down infantry..
I think the problem is accuracy of the gun. it just doesn't seem to hit the infantry.
If you ask me, the T90's should do something like the same damage and have the same accuracy as the bren gun carrier upgraded without using ap rounds.

Just my insight of the mod atm.

Again very good job and great support.
Keep up the good job.

Best regards

Mattias

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
Re: [1.702] Sturmovic and God of War + T90 tank
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »
You maen IL-2 Strike ?

Offline mSnowflake

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
yeah thats what I mean.
Just forgot the correct name again.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
We've identified the 250 munition cost of the IL2 and are discussing it's pricing again internally. It's switched multiple times.

I wouldn't call 1 "better than" the other. God of War is more suitable for stationary targets because you can dodge the strike and the remaining general area if you know what you are doing. With the IL2 as long as a plane registers it will fly by.

All in all they're two very different abilities supporting two very different doctrines. Simply God of War would not fit with the same doctrine with the IS3 and other heavy tanks.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »
I believe GOW is better than IL-2. The area GOW covers is absolutely massive  and starts dropping shells after like 5 seconds. Even heavy tanks like Panthers and Tiger will lose a good chunk of their health.

On the other hand the IL-2's new air bomb (IDK the official name) doesn't seem to do as well against armor (sometimes it just strafes) and the planes come successively, giving you a chance to pull out and prevent large damage.

But then again you must take into account the fact that BT doctrine has a bunch of tanks and tank support while Propaganda has an array of mixed units and abilities. And also BT doesnt use that many munitions (sprint and maybe ISU barrages) while Propaganda uses a lot of it (Naval upgrades, red tide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:13:23 PM by Pac-Fish »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »
Yeah the new bomb run for the IL-2s seems considerably weaker than what it once was. The ability, along with GoW, are incredibly powerful still, so I suppose a nerf was more than suitable, but now it just seems... A little ineffective to be honest. GoW remains the same old, "blow up everything in this area" ability. I'd rather see the costs swapped as it stands now.

Killar

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »
IL2 is more powerful than GOW, because it works in combination with all other attack forces. GOW is mainly a defensive ability of an area denial. It can blow up everything if not dogded, but thats not that hard.
You can set GOW and retreat again, but you use IL2 when you attack with all your forces (ISU152 frontal attack + tankriders flanking + IL2 takes out every position)
However in a 1v1 the costs of 250mun are to high indeed.

Offline mSnowflake

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
well yeah the IL-2 are alot more powerfull now then they where before if you ask me.
They just do there damage differently. They are now concentrated vs infantry. Not armor.
Thats also how I prefer it to be as you can already call in plenty of at tanks.

Its just.. well I've seen GOW ruin maps already alot of times.
That said.. those time where indeed on bridge maps.. like Hoch..
I prefer to play open maps any time, but some of the players I play with prefer the bridge maps and comp stomping..

I just wanted to let you guys know what I thought about it, but I'm not saying it has to be changed.
Just wanted you guys to think about it for a while and as you are so I'm glad.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
Just wanted you guys to think about it for a while and as you are so I'm glad.

We are always open to suggestions and news ideas :).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:10:50 PM by Pac-Fish »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:32:47 AM »
The T90 is one of the best units on the Soviet side. Make sure you halt them when they fire. They have poor moving accuracy modifiers.

IL-2 is more reliable than GoW so saying it's weaker isn't really true. However the price is being tested at several levels already.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline mSnowflake

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
The T90 is one of the best units on the Soviet side. Make sure you halt them when they fire. They have poor moving accuracy modifiers.

It was halted, but it might be possible (didn't really pay that much attention since it was a friend of me playing russian on that map and having troubles with the T90) that the enemy infantry was in green cover.

The T90 was standing still at about 3-5 meter from the enemy volks  and just couldn't seem to hit them.

Would send over a replay of the match but didn't record it sadly enough.