Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Brits vs german snipers  (Read 4987 times)

Offline neox88

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Brits vs german snipers
« on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
I was just playing as a german vs british in one on one match, and i owned him with snipers at the beginning...he just couldnt do anything against my snipers since brits don t have a sniper to counter back. tracking a sniper with light vehicle such as bren carrier or staghound  is not easy since i protect my snipers with panzershrecks and i just blow his vehicles in pieces with ease. man those panzershrecks are accurate!I was wondering, what can brits do against snipers in early to mid game?

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
Re: Brits vs german snipers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
Hunt him down with a British infantry squad equipped with a marksman. The moment he shoot one in the squad you counterattack him with the markman, yeah you going to lose 1 to 3 men maybe. But you get the sniper down :3

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline neox88

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
Hunt him down with a British infantry squad equipped with a marksman. The moment he shoot one in the squad you counterattack him with the markman, yeah you going to lose 1 to 3 men maybe. But you get the sniper down :3
you have to be really really fast to lock on him and most of the time sniper dissapears before you do that,  plus you have to pay extra munition for doing that...

Offline Viperthug91

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »
Massive Artillery Strike. Always Works

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »
Trap the sniper blob in with commandos.  So when you charge your recon squad at the snipers, if he is good most likely he will run away uncloaked, baiting you into an MG42.  In that case and at the right time, drop in some commandos, not directly on top of them, just on the path they are going to and instant retreat.  Works 90% of the time if you master it :)
My personal favorite

Offline neox88

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
Trap the sniper blob in with commandos.  So when you charge your recon squad at the snipers, if he is good most likely he will run away uncloaked, baiting you into an MG42.  In that case and at the right time, drop in some commandos, not directly on top of them, just on the path they are going to and instant retreat.  Works 90% of the time if you master it :)
it s a good idea man, but only for experience players....

Offline Wekwekboris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »

Or....you could just pound an area with arty

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
But if the Wehr Player is good, he will instant retreat, and most likley none of the artillery will get the snipers.  Suprise Commando Raids work wonders, killing all 4+ snipers on the retreat if u box him in his retreat path.
My personal favorite

Offline Wekwekboris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Then use your emplacement arty or your Priests. I commonly do recon hunting since no one really sniper abuses too much. If they do make 4+ I just try to tech to Stuarts or go RE and get my Churchills.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
Just.. dont... play brits  ;)

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »
Just.. dont... play brits  ;)
Yeah, if only the entire CoH community never played Brits, games would be more fun then they are now.
My personal favorite