Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0  (Read 46415 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:36 PM »
[...]
The Ju-87D-5 bombing run constantly spawned from the enemy spawn point, and got shot down by T-90s every time i called it in and negated the use of it in-game entirely.
Ok, I'll check it.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline luminos

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:42 AM »
Played last night and its great, me and my friend really enjoyed, keep up the good works

Offline LeL

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »
By the way, jägers can get more than 2 stgs when reinforced^^ maybe when they switched the fire mod a stg spawns.
Cant you give them 4 stg instead of 2? I hate those 2 with k98 rifle >:( 

Offline enkhbold

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
Hi. i have problem. relic Send error. during playing game shutdown? how fix it? help me. my english not good.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »
By the way, jägers can get more than 2 stgs when reinforced^^ maybe when they switched the fire mod a stg spawns.
No. We've made it this way for a reason. Thx for reporting the bug with the additional rifle, tho.

Hi. i have problem. relic Send error. during playing game shutdown? how fix it? help me. my english not good.
Hi. Wat?

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline LeL

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
Ok, too bad  i like the new stgs^^
But i have another issue... ;D

The SU-152  is in my opinion extremely strong. Compared with the Jagt-Panther or the Kingtiger, the SU-152 is better at everything.

-best At Ive ever seen (kills tiger and elephant with ease)
-very good armor (like Kingtiger?)
-cheaper than JP and KT (800 but no income drain for the next minutes)
-worst of all:..... it kills inantry like nothing. (JP never hit infantry and Kingtiger is no great inf killer at all but the su kills with one luckshot an entire squad of pe grens because of his huge splash damage. Even paks ( if hit) get killed in seconds
-and you can bring him over and over and over. He is good at everything and there is no hardcounter out there.  Compared to him JP , KT, Elephant and Pershing look like toys.

I like the SU-152 but please nerf him a bit so he is for example a one time call-in and match the Jagtphanter with a stronger gun but slower rate of fire and slower movespeed and no anti inf super weapon.

I love your mod I think its one of the best out there.  The last thing I want to do is piss you on with bad  criticism. 

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »
[...]
Thanks for reporting this. It was something I messed up, but will be fixed for the next update :).

Please read this: http://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=11296.0
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:30:05 PM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 10:51:41 PM »

Don't you mean the mkb 42 gun? or do they get 2 mkbs and 2 stg44s?

BTW what is better, the mkb 42 or the stg44?
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 01:28:54 AM »

Don't you mean the mkb 42 gun? or do they get 2 mkbs and 2 stg44s?

BTW what is better, the mkb 42 or the stg44?
it shares both the characteristics of the kar98 and stg44. Overall the mkb is superior by far.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
Just wondering, shouldn't there be a way to upgrade the katyusha's, similar to the t-34/85 and su-100 upgrade?
The currently used katyusha's are the ones used in the early years of the way, but by '44-'45 they had way larger warheads.

Right now there's the BM-13, firing 16x 132mm rockets.
Making it's combat debut in 1944 and proving highly effective in Budapest and Berlin, the BM-31-12 (firing 12 300 mm rockets) had a shorter range than the BM-13 but had a warhead more than five times heavier.

They were mounted on the Studebaker, just as the current BM-13, so only the rockets and the launcher would have to be modeled.
I have a few in-detail suggestions, but i'd rather wait to see if the devs agree with this or not.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
And what is the advantage of such an upgrade  ??? More damage? I think Katjusha is excellent and dont need an upgrade or ingame buff by upgrade.
May the force be with you.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
And what is the advantage of such an upgrade  ??? More damage? I think Katjusha is excellent and dont need an upgrade or ingame buff by upgrade.

A lot more damage, the BM-13's warhead is 5 kg, the BM-31-2's warhead is 28 kg.
As you say, the Katyusha is excellent, but this would add a bit more diversity, which i consider to be good, especially since this has now become the Soviets' only artillery following the removement of the 122mm Howitzer.

It would mean trading in a lot more firepower for a lot shorter range (historically about half the range of the BM-13), slower katyuhsa's, a longer reload time and upgrade costs.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
Like i said; I cant see the advantage here. But i'm not a balancer ;)
May the force be with you.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »

As you say, the Katyusha is excellent, but this would add a bit more diversity, which i consider to be good, especially since this has now become the Soviets' only artillery following the removement of the 122mm Howitzer.

It would mean trading in a lot more firepower for a lot shorter range (historically about half the range of the BM-13), slower katyuhsa's, a longer reload time and upgrade costs.
the current Katyusha model is from the very early stages of EF. At the moment a new one is on the way which will fit better into the late-war-period.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »

the current Katyusha model is from the very early stages of EF. At the moment a new one is on the way which will fit better into the late-war-period.

Good to hear :)
Will it be like the T-34/85 and Su-100 upgrades, so you can choose between the 'old' katyusha with less firepower but more range or the new one, or will it replace the 'old' katyusha alltogether?