Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Looking for balancing players!  (Read 30619 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Looking for balancing players!
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:12:22 AM »

Hello,

We are looking for balancing players to help strength the Steam launch of EF. The amount of content we have coming is huge, and will most likely rival the amount of content seen in Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor combined.

Steam Keys are limited so, so if you would like to join us, you will have to go through an audition process. The audition process will be both a practical demonstration of your skills, and an interview with the members of the development team, you may also be subject to a small background check. After passing the audition process, you will also be asked to sign an NDA.

The NDA will be strictly be enforced, no exceptions. We have a positive working relationship with Relic, as well as an internal testing SVN, and we will not put these in jeopardy.

So, if you think you can help us out, and have the skill and time to do so. Post your steam account below, and a quick little blurb about why you would like to help us out.

~Archaic Entertainment Team.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BromZAR

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for balancing players!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
Did I understand correctly , you need to write my account name and describe the view of the addon?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
Yes, we need to know your account name so our balancers can have some matches against you to test your skills. And to ask you some questions :).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »
steam name is mdbuk, not sure of skill level as tend to play little but have played rts since dune2
With EF I tend to focus on one map (alsace moselle ) as OST.
Would like to help you guys out as feel EF is a rare example of why PC is superior to any other platform for gaming.

Offline Larm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 12:11:43 AM »
Oke. I agree. This means I have to give my steam Account name and you will contact me on Steam. Right?
Then whe pick a date and time to play online Matches.

I did played COD easternfront alot against the AI ,but I have not played much against other human player. I did view lots of online matches on Youtube.

My Steam Name: Larm

I would like to help you and give feedback if needed.

Offline Conor 'burton' W.

• Developer
  • Guard
  • Peoples' Modding Commissariat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 01:31:06 AM »
Hey EF team,

I'm hoping I can help you out in some way that isn't just modeling lol. Steam display name is currently -sb- Lev, The Commissar.

Qualifications: I used to play automatch for a while but I stopped being competitive as I discovered modding. Play EF mostly against Normal - Expert AI and I'm not ashamed to say that I don't win every match lol. Odds are I'll lose to your testers but not without a fight. Modding experience is pretty nifty though when it comes to testing another mod.

Cheers

Offline Raptek1

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:46 AM »
Steam name:Raptek1
I wish to participate as a balancer in this game. I'm a very big fan of this mod. Also i have something to report. It takes 5 min to open the game with EF, and 10 sec to open coh:TV can you help me?
Also keep working because this it seems to become much more famuos than COH2. :)

Offline Floki

• Ingenery
  • No Longer Active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »
Raptek1,  burtondrummerNY, got invites by me.

Larm... I could not find your profile. Please be more specific.

maddogb, only one profile came up under the name, mdbuk. I sent that person an invite.

Note: If you do not have the mod installed, install it before I speak with you. I have already failed one person for their lack of skill, if you do not have an intimate understand of Company of Heroes, please with all respect... do not waste my time.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:45:38 PM »
hi yes you got the right profile, i have accepted your invite shall await further orders (there really should be a "Salute" smiley ;)

Offline Larm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 12:16:34 AM »
Floki: yes your right. Sorry.   :P
There are more larm's on steam I see now. I thought I was the only one.
My full profile name is:

Larm
pauljongkind
Netherlands

I have COD 1 (Steam) all of them. And I have the last version of the Eastern front 2.30

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:18:40 AM by Larm »

Offline ATL

• Ingenery
  • Fear the Sturmpanzerjäg... whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 01:50:14 AM »
I suggest you people to provide your Steam's profile URL to ease the pain of searching, specially in case your name is a common one (like mine  ;D), so there is no room for mistakes. I think this should help  :).
Amateur player and statistics maniac
"Deep understanding of the gameplay mechanics and skill is better than mere skill"

Offline Floki

• Ingenery
  • No Longer Active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 06:39:32 AM »
hi yes you got the right profile, i have accepted your invite shall await further orders (there really should be a "Salute" smiley ;)

I have 20+ applicants, if you wanna stand out, be proactive. Message me after I add you.

Larm, you got an invite from me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:43:00 AM by Floki »

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
You can go ahead and add me: Jonarus_Drakus

(I use the same name everywhere, or a obvious variation of anyway - Confirm it's me by confirming Australian location.)

If I'm brutally honest, I'm probably a below-average skill player... But I blame that on only having the AI to 'practice' against, combined with an over-reliance of 'Choke-point/turtle' tactics. I'm at my best in 2-vs-2, so I have an ally who can be the hammer to my anvil.

Then again, knowing your own weaknesses is as (if not more) important than knowing those of your enemy... So there is that...

~JD

PS: Besides, this kind of 'balancing' stuff is something I need to get used to on the off chance that I can actually get my own project off the ground! :D
~ MedMod Dev

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »

I have 20+ applicants, if you wanna stand out, be proactive. Message me after I add you.

lol that's why i didn't bother you when i saw you on-line, thought you might be busy so i sat patiently, will give u a shout next time i see you :)

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »
Maybe to make it easier/faster process we should consider the option of using replays.
So the candidates can give us a PvP replay where they play vs equally skilled opponent.