Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Inability to recrew weopons  (Read 5883 times)

Offline Bauer

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to recrew weopons
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 12:44:34 AM »
Its becous they realise game for idiots (for windows too :) ) WH2 ( cuted warhammer at the crippled engine of COH ) They should do COH2 not a some shit. I do not believe I bought it ( I hope if they realise COH2 they dont fuck up this like a WH2)
Propably the next game of relic will be pong, but i'm not sure if they would be able to balance the sides.

Offline Pauly3

• Commissar
  • I have studied your art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »
to be honest if i would sit
in the Boss office of relic i would hire you guys asap
and put more priority on COH
but whatever
(what are the relic dudes doing anyway?? whats the next relic game?) ???
"But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Offline Bauer

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:33 AM »
(what are the relic dudes doing anyway?? whats the next relic game?) ???

Propably the next game of relic will be pong, but i'm not sure if they would be able to balance the sides. hehehe
Propably the next game of relic will be pong, but i'm not sure if they would be able to balance the sides.

Offline orenda

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:30 AM »
Relic are busy making their next Warhammer 40k shi... ops, I mean game. Never really understood why they didn't expand CoH in a positive direction (ToV is an epic fail if you ask me) or even begin making CoH 2 on the new engine. 

Offline Fivestargeneral

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:04 AM »

Unless Relic helps us, yes, we're stuck with it. Unless we decided to replace one of the original factions, which will be very hard to persuade the team to do.

Hey BurroDiablo, if can't recrew at the moment, I think the costs of producing the units are too high at the moment. Take for e.g. the AT gun. It is 300mp, with a reinforcement cost of 110mp (I think, pls verify if correct). This really penalizes the Russian player for something they cannot recrew. I think the cost should be comparable or cheaper than a similar weapon of recrewing capability (e.g. US 57mm). Doesn't make sense to pay for something so ex when you can't take it back. I think the original cost of 275mp (or slightly cheaper) would be appropriate.

Though some players may say we should protect the gun at all costs, or not be careless or sth. But sometimes this is not always possible, for e.g. an axis player may rush your AT, disarm it, then retreat, knowing you can't recrew, and now we are set back another 300mp. This sort of thing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:42:10 AM by Fivestargeneral »

Offline FrontSoldat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »
how about an additional infantry squad wich is able to recrew any weapons because they recieved a special training

You're missing the problem... NOTHING can recrew with the Soviets because they are a new faction and this is a hardcoded problem that cannot be overcome with normal modding.

If a heavy weapon of a heavy weapon crew is destroyed and the crew survives you can recrew with 'em ANY heavy weapon BUT it ends up in a game-crash!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:33:03 PM by FrontSoldat »
"No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"
-Murphy's laws of combat