Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: A new faction for Eastern Front  (Read 20639 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: A new faction for Eastern Front
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 04:51:31 AM »
I would simply make three doctrines:

Desperate Measures

Last Stand

Yamato

First one would be about self-destructive tactics like kamikaze airplanes, men with bombs attached to their bodies as special anti-infantry (something like a demo charge), men with Anti-tank charges at the end of poles (Teller mine level of lethality), and cloaked kamikaze soldiers with frag-grenade power. Japanese officers could use Heroic Charge.

Last Stand would be the opposite. Defensive emplacements, special artillery and munitions like AP rounds for HMGs, cloakable AT weapons and buried tank turrets, long-ranged mortars. All about crushing the enemy with overwhelming firepower after luring him into ambushes.

Yamato would rely on massive use of manpower and off-maps. The power of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Things like different extra-supplies abilities (pay in manpower, fuel or munitions to receive extra income on the other ones), off-maps in the form of light salvos from DDs, heavy salvos from BBs, and a super-barrage from a Dreadnought Battleship (Yamato or Musashi). Recon airplanes, strafings, bombings.
+1
Sounds interesting.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline TheConqueror

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »
+1 from me also.    ;)

Offline stryker

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
I also agree Japanese would be an additional faction I'd be keen to see in CoH, and some of the suggestions above for doctrines sound sensational (so that's my +1) but I also agree with the other posters that Eastern Front is not the mod where the Japanese should be included.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Ostheer, therefore keeping this mod a self-contained European Eastern Front mod.

Thanks to MG4242 for pointing out the Pacific Thunder mod.  That made good reading, and I've turned on tracking to see what comes out of that.
(It's at http://www.moddb.com/mods/pacific-thunder if you're also keen for a read)

Offline snappa153

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 07:12:52 AM »
I think Japan is a good choice, however i think russia needs an enemy they fought. Japan fought in the pacific and italy in the mediterranean. Why not the Finnish army, an elite army whose whole involvement in the war was to fight the russians. the russians and finns hated eachother and had many famous battles against eachother in the winter war in ww2, or at least the ostheer with finnish command tree, having finnish heavy infantry as a call in, with the use of camoflage and finnish engineers who are able to repair destroyed vehicles and make them their own, a famous thing they did to the russians in the famous battle of suomussalmi. It would just seem wrong to not involve the finns at this time
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:24:42 AM by snappa153 »

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 09:11:23 PM »
If we have the Japs, we cant put the any Coh fraction in battle with it. Not even the U.S.A. We will have to make a new type of army with will be named the "Maines" or something. So its twice the work.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »
Why not the Finnish army, an elite army whose whole involvement in the war was to fight the russians.

Given the number of fanboys streaming into this mod to specifically ask for Finnish troops, I am pretty damn sure they will be featured. Unless the devs decide they´ve had enough with the nationalisms and don´t include them, Romanians or anyone else out of spite.

Offline LoTeK_

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • Kusari Comms (@Discovery Mod Official RP Server)
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »
Just wanted to say +1 to the Japanese instead of the Ostheer.
The game already has 2 german factions while "Eastern Front" adding the Soviet and the Japanese would sound perfect in my opinion.
I don't mind if the Japanese never walked on Berlin ground or if the Map Editor can't create sand and palm trees, it's a game and I would love to have the Japanese included for any use, whatever it is.
"Su tutte le erte e sopra ogni cima " - Grp. Art. Mont. Pinerolo (motto)

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
i'll just point out ;)

The Dev's are already working on the Ostheer.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »
If you want japan, try the Pacific Thunder mod....it ain't gonna come from us  ;D
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline moknin

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 01:31:16 PM »
If anybody is going to add a Japanese faction its some reminder:

- The Japanese DO NOT have armor power thats even close to the Allies/ Soviets. Their mainstay Type 97 medium tanks  can't even penetrate the rear armor of M3 Stuarts. (and in some case it was beat by AP bullets of Panzer 1 used by the Chinese) Yes they do have some better tank, namely the Type 3 design in 1944, but they never saw combat and their quality is just barely on par with Panzer 3. What I am trying to say is the Japanese would have a very hard time in a armor-oriented game like COH

- The O-1 super heavy tank is practically non-existent in history, which mean the Jap would not have heavy armor to support them while all other faction did

BTW I'm currently thinking of a mod on the Chinese battlefield. Probably I can borrow some idea from here

Offline UeArtemis

• Major
  • aka Cossack
    • View Profile
    • Company of Heroes: Eastern Front (mod)
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 02:53:26 PM »
They have!!!
Chi-To (2-5 tanks)
Chi-Nu (60-166 tanks, =Sherman as I think)
and they have Self-propelled artillery!!!
Yes, they didn't see combats, but many people tell me that realism is not important for the Red Army, so why is it important for the Japanese?

O-I (heavy tank) was built in 1944 and afterward sent to Manchuria (but it is probably a legend). Other tank - the "Ultra-Heavy Tank OI" was not built.

And what is about Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha? Type 97 wasn't so bad.
I think Japan is a good choice, however i think Russia needs an enemy they fought.
The Soviet–Japanese War (1945) was a part of the WWII
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:14:44 PM by UeArtemis »
I believe in one thing only, the power of the human will. © Joseph Stalin

Offline moknin

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
They have!!!
Chi-To (2-5 tanks)
Chi-Nu (60-166 tanks, =Sherman as I think)
and they have Self-propelled artillery!!!
Yes, they didn't see combats, but many people tell me that realism is not important for the Red Army, so why is it important for the Japanese?

O-I (heavy tank) was built in 1944 and afterward sent to Manchuria (but it is probably a legend). Other tank - the "Ultra-Heavy Tank OI" was not built.

And what about Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha? Type 97 wasn't so bad.

I don't think to add in a tank that have no combat record or only have barely two or five produced is a good idea
The reason that I said Japanese tanks are gravely inferior to Allies armors are that:
1. Chi-Nu and Chi-To were made in soft iron--yes, SOFT IRON. Toward the end of war the Japanese was in such shortage of material that they can't find enough resource to produce early-war-grade armor. Therefore the armor of Chi-Nu is just barely on-par with, say, Panzer 1.
2. Japanese guns are too weak. Their tank guns were not on par with even per-war tanks. One reason was that their steel production was not advanced enough to produce decent AP-shells. (They didn't even have APC shell) Mostly their AP shells end up shattered upon contact with enemy armor. See this comparison: (source: http://www.luzinde.com/meisaku/tanks/chi-ha.html)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:43:47 PM by moknin »

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
Let's vote! :D
"What third axis faction you would like to see":
Finns
Italians
Romanians
Japanese
Ostheer

nbeerbower

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »
HEY DEVZ CAN U PLZ STOP MAKIN OSTHEER PLZ I WANTZ JAPANEEZ

Foxfort

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »
Let's vote! :D
"What third axis faction you would like to see":
Finns
Italians
Romanians
Japanese
Ostheer

Ostheer

This is not All WW2 faction mod this is EASTERN FRONT mod.

Based on Eastern front in Europe not Eastern Asia :D :D :D