Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer  (Read 9008 times)

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »
Names like "blue division" or "division azul" or "romanian/hungarian conscripts" would never appear in the vanilla CoH. Think of the british troops; they are called canadian or polish soldiers? No! So i think a Ostheer could not use such a "linking name" ;)
I think that in one level in the British campaign, there's a unit called "Canadian Rifles" than even talk like Cananadians.
There is no British fraction. Theres only a Commonwealth fraction.

even then no single unit is named to be from a certain part of the british commonwealth.
Becouse all commonwealth used same equipment.

IMO there should be a whole early foreign Tier. Not Romanian, not Hungarian, not Italian, not Finnish but foreign. (Basic infantry, 47mm AT gun, Scout car).
It shouldnt be as important as wehrmacht tier I.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:29:13 AM by Paciat »

Offline PetikeHUN1984

• Ingenery
  • Hungarian EF Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »
I had a concept for this problem.

The "Allies support center" and in the building you can build the major allies nation infantry units (one type per nation) and only 1 or 2 unlocked when you chose doctrinal tree(This is auto unlocked when select the tree)

version 2:

You can build "Allies Support Center" and after you can uppgrade allies support inf. div.

1. uppgrade: "Karpatian support"
 this uppgrade including Romanians, Hungarians, Slovakians.
2. uppgarde: "Western support"
 this uppgrade including Italians, Spanish, French.
3. uppgrade: "Northern support"
 this uppgrade including Skandinavians

-The units dont have specific name like "SS Panzer-Grenadier Division Hunyadi". All unit in this uppgrades has same name like in the russian faction("Partisan" not Yugoslavian or Russian just only partisan).

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:41:40 AM by PetikeHUN1984 »

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:13:48 PM »
Names like "blue division" or "division azul" or "romanian/hungarian conscripts" would never appear in the vanilla CoH. Think of the british troops; they are called canadian or polish soldiers? No! So i think a Ostheer could not use such a "linking name" ;)
I think that in one level in the British campaign, there's a unit called "Canadian Rifles" than even talk like Cananadians.
There is no British fraction. Theres only a Commonwealth fraction.
Well their symbol is the Union Jack and nothing else, so I don't know. I always thought they were solely British and Canadian.
But I like Petike's idea, that way units are still regional with some national identification but not down to specifics. Although it'd be awkward with a mixed Spanish-French-Italian squad and the like. Almost sounds like movie with a bunch of guys who don't know each other getting seperated from their units and stumbling across one another.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:16:38 PM by HyperSniper999 »
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Tico_1990

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »
Yes, they only use the union jack. However, if you listen to certain voices, you'll hear that some sound plainly English (riflemen and officers), others sound Scottish or Welsh (or northern English) (Sappers), others, like the priests, are Canadian.

So yes, they are called the British, and they only use the British flag, but they do use troops from various parts of the commonwealth.

Cheers

Offline Shadowmetroid

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 03:38:02 AM »
Man this thread went south fast.  I actually like the idea, so keep this thread on-topic, please.  ;)