Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Who Dares, Wins!  (Read 34594 times)

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
Re: Who Dares, Wins!
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2010, 03:53:36 AM »
What made them OP has always been the glider crush. They're really not that good and never have been.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
they are good on a map with much bridges ;). They can plant explosives while the are invisible.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline elrohirtwin

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
Really interested here, and just in time for the December break  ;D I haven't played Eastern Front in a long time (somewhere like 3 months) and I recently just thought of checking out the site only to be greeted by the news that there's gonna be a rehash of the British Forces.

A few questions though:

1.) So in essence the SAS are now the tier 2 infantry unit of the British Army? Effectively plugging the gap between uber powered vanilla Royal Commandos or will they function as having their own niche compared to commandos and the new Marine Commandos?

2.) If What I read is correct, activating this faction would not override doctrines so it would still be possible to encounter AI who would use, let's say,the Royal engineers or Royal Artillery?

My 2nd question is really the one that's piquing my interest right now. It would be reaaaallly awesome to play lightly armed, lightning fast units in support of artillery fire with my mates.  :D

Oh, and I await the coming of the Ostheer. By then, I wanna see how playing the SAS will end up with playing against my Axis-oriented co-players.

Cheers.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »
AI would behave as usual, but won't be using new brits.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »
So if someone who was using RMC were to drop from a game they would not leave a com in control?

Offline sovietwarmachine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
What made them OP has always been the glider crush. They're really not that good and never have been.

well they are not very good vs armor (unless you use PIAT blob) but the regular commandos were always great vs infantry ;)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
So if someone who was using RMC were to drop from a game they would not leave a com in control?
I meant, if the user plays a game with a AI from  the start. I don't know how works the AI, but imo yes; I think the AI should be tweaked to use the reward brits if the human player drops, because it's different than normal brits.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline One-eye

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
Wow, i'm impressed, a major revamp of the Brits has been long overdue!

If your thinking of running with this as a more long term idea might i suggest opening a new forum section for British suggestions?

I know i certainly have a couple of ideas i'd like to share!
"if there's one thing we've learnt in the last thousand miles of retreat, it's that Russian agriculture is in dire need of mechanisation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEle_DLDg9Y&

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »

If your thinking of running with this as a more long term idea might i suggest opening a new forum section for British suggestions?
+1

Offline Raider217

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:45 AM »
Using this same setup couldnt you technically give two rewards units for a single unit, of course only using one at a time but using the whole 1 overriding the other thing?

+1
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:42:20 AM by Raider217 »

Offline ChocoboKnight88

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »
So what are the SAS going to be capable of that sets them apart from Commandos? Is there a risk that they will preferred over them?

By the way, a thought occurred to me... If the SAS are going to be tier two infantry equipped with PIATs and Sappers are coming a tier earlier -- Why not give Marine Sappers Boys AT Rifles and let the SAS get the PIAT upgrade that normal Sappers get now? Because honestly, I think the early PIATs might be a little overpowered vs the Panzer Elite's early vehicles. But then this is purely theory crafting after all...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 11:35:56 PM by ChocoboKnight88 »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »
So what are the SAS going to be capable of that sets them apart from Commandos? Is there a risk that they will preferred over them?

By the way, a thought occurred to me... If the SAS are going to be tier two infantry equipped with PIATs and Sappers are coming a tier earlier -- Why not give Marine Sappers Boys AT Rifles and let the SAS get the PIAT upgrade that normal Sappers get now? Because honestly, I think the early PIATs might be a little overpowered vs the Panzer Elite's early vehicles. But then this is purely theory crafting after all...
Those PIATS damage could be toned down, but i would like to see Boys AT rifle being used on EF! Such a shame that Relic didn't put it on normal game.
Mors Indecepta

Offline ChocoboKnight88

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2010, 12:52:08 AM »
I wouldn't want the PIATs to be toned down though for the sake of consistency. PIATs are finally useful now so they really ought to not be touched. That's why I suggested the Boys AT Rifles since it will have a good excuse to be in the normal game now.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2010, 05:43:41 AM »
I agree, give marine sappers the AT rifle instead.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »
This is great stuff Dev's, my hat goes off to all of you. This will definantly make brits more fun and competative and versitile that the vanilla faction.

[insert signature here]