Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front 1.30 Patch  (Read 65911 times)

Offline Pathfinder777

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front 1.30 Patch
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »
Ah yes, you are right, the 5% bug, it is so annoying sometimes! But is a very happy moment when your heavy tank isn't swallowed up as a result of it.  ;D

Since Relic fixed it in COHO, is there anyway inwhich you could fix it.  ???

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:59 AM »
Ah yes, you are right, the 5% bug, it is so annoying sometimes! But is a very happy moment when your heavy tank isn't swallowed up as a result of it.  ;D

Since Relic fixed it in COHO, is there anyway inwhich you could fix it.  ???
Honestly, I hope that Relic includes it on the next patch for CoH. I don't know if our coders could do something, but as we try to not change their stuff(recrew was an exception).

Since the the reward brits are being released, it's good to get feedback, so we can improve them on next updates. You could think of 1.30 as an open beta for them ;).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Natti

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:23 AM »
So I messed around with the recrewing and found this bug.
I recrewed an MG nest with those Injenyiery ( or whatev they're called :P ).

Offline ManuOnEasternFront

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:13 AM »
RMC- The fuel costs are very high for some units such as captains and lieutenants, and the same for researching the other 2 trucks. So it seems to me that it would take a hell of a load of time to get tanks on the battlefieldvering around buildings.

+1

Regarding M10, it has 17pdr gun but smaller range then fireflys, when Comet is way tougher and has giant range, I think those range amounts should be swapped over due to guns they are using and balance as well.

And I think that is good that Conscripts will not be able to pick up heavy weapons, coz of their cost/balance and after all they dont take POPCAP so how the system would later count POPCAP on on those weapons.

Regarding 5% bug they indeed fixed that in COHO and not yet in BETA, however they ficed jumping snipers in most recent BETA update from 20th of January so I hope they will include that fix too, so annoying...

We will try to give our most constructive ideas to help you balance RMC and other new factions as well :)

Offline nico97one

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2011, 02:04:36 AM »
RMC- The fuel costs are very high for some units such as captains and lieutenants, and the same for researching the other 2 trucks. So it seems to me that it would take a hell of a load of time to get tanks on the battlefieldvering around buildings.

+1

Regarding M10, it has 17pdr gun but smaller range then fireflys, when Comet is way tougher and has giant range, I think those range amounts should be swapped over due to guns they are using and balance as well.

And I think that is good that Conscripts will not be able to pick up heavy weapons, coz of their cost/balance and after all they dont take POPCAP so how the system would later count POPCAP on on those weapons.

Regarding 5% bug they indeed fixed that in COHO and not yet in BETA, however they ficed jumping snipers in most recent BETA update from 20th of January so I hope they will include that fix too, so annoying...

We will try to give our most constructive ideas to help you balance RMC and other new factions as well :)

Well, it's true but instead of researching armors, I prefer rush to the S.A.S glider with the S.A.S Recoiless jeeps. With micro, you can easily destroy a stug.

I noticied something : When you recrew a MG, the MG has "no sound" when you pick them or move them.

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2011, 02:15:30 AM »
The patch is rather cool but I too noticed a few problems.

Soviets-

When researching the T-34/85, an option appears for this tank however it is in grey and says "Requires: T-34/85" What the hell does that mean?
I tried deploying the T-34/76 to see if the other 1 unlocks but it doesn't so no idea.

Happy to announce, I have no such problem, which, to me, means that this particular statement is false.

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2011, 02:29:47 AM »
You have to research the T-34/85 upgrade at the armoury as usual pathfinder.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pathfinder777

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
Interesting bug, although personally I can't manage to enlarge the image, so I can barely see it. Hopefully I don't encounter it.  :)

Also by the way, it's Ingenary, which is basically just Engineers in russian, so you might aswell call them engineers.

Post Merge: January 23, 2011, 03:57:33 AM
You have to research the T-34/85 upgrade at the armoury as usual pathfinder.
Yes I see that now. At the time I guess I didn't research it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:57:33 AM by Pathfinder777 »

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:11 AM »
The only drawback of replacing EF's AI, is that you won't be able to play against users who didn't; at least that's what i think.

you could include the ai into the mod itself maybe, since people are asking for a beta ai. im just releasing the ai betas to see how people would like such an ai

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:47 AM »
The AI appears to be seriously messed up. I got the clean EF set-up, yet AI tends to be worthless, just standing still most of the time. Here's the example:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b51ea8h/n/4p_dom_pavlova.2011-01-23.07-42-36.rec

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline SuperGérard

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

Well, it's true but instead of researching armors, I prefer rush to the S.A.S glider with the S.A.S Recoiless jeeps. With micro, you can easily destroy a stug.

Yes due to the high fuel cost of captain and lieutenant, I prefer use the SAS glider who is pretty versatile.

I have succeeded to pick up a mg with conscrit, and the strange thing is when you do it during a fight, conscrits die half the time when they are picking up the mg. But once inside a building they are very resistant even face to a puma. 

Offline PoliorcetE

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »
hi

* Siren warning replaced smoke in US strafing runs.  :D :D

it's a very nice idea , i love heard the siren before attack  ;D ;D

thx again for all you do
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?"
Pierre Desproges

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2011, 01:46:21 PM »
The only drawback of replacing EF's AI, is that you won't be able to play against users who didn't; at least that's what i think.

you could include the ai into the mod itself maybe, since people are asking for a beta ai. im just releasing the ai betas to see how people would like such an ai

I hope that EF will include it.
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline ManuOnEasternFront

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »
One other thing I spotted:

- when you use RMC and move your truck and you buy OP on that sector then strange amounts are coming up. For example we played on 1v1 Duclair and when I OPed +16 fuel there it gave me only +19, and when we played on WOLFHEZE and I OPed +16 amu I received +20 after upgrade. I dont know if that is intenional, but I believe not as difference came up. I also think that option to OP only one sector is a bit unfair for RMC as their OP cost the most already at 250mp and 25 fuel when WEHR can OP more than 1 point for only 200mp.

Offline Copernicus

• Developer
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »
@ManuOnEasternFront:
The RMC-resource upgrade is global, buying it once allows you to op 3 points (one with each truck).