Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: (April Fools) Ostheer Update 5.5: Changes  (Read 15719 times)

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Update 5.5: Changes
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 03:45:33 AM »
Personally I do not care, I have already added my own skins and icons of the blue division,but anyway good idea and good conceps.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:49:13 AM by hernan cortes »

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 04:36:19 AM »
I'm an Italian and I think even 2 units of Italians is over doing it.

Many countries participated on the axis side, not just Finns and Italians, even if they were the primaries. If you're going to include one or two foreign units, you're stuck providing a foreign unit corresponding to nearly everyone's wants due to patriotism.

Well, I just dont want a french volunteer unit in the Ostheer, by as you said, patriotism... Dont want to see french traitors and murderers in the Ostheer.

At first, I though it was a real news. But I also realized 10 seconds later that it was the 1st april...  :P  ;D

I was speaking in reference to people whom belong to a country that participated on the Axis side of WWII.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 05:16:29 AM »

Many countries participated on the axis side, not just Finns and Italians, even if they were the primaries. If you're going to include one or two foreign units, you're stuck providing a foreign unit corresponding to nearly everyone's wants due to patriotism.

Well, I just dont want a french volunteer unit in the Ostheer, by as you said, patriotism... Dont want to see french traitors and murderers in the Ostheer.

At first, I though it was a real news. But I also realized 10 seconds later that it was the 1st april...  :P  ;D

I was speaking in reference to people whom belong to a country that participated on the Axis side of WWII.
Does that make 'em less murderers?

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 05:30:41 AM »

Does that make 'em less murderers?
I shall remind you guys that this is just a game. Let's avoid this kind of discussions that doesn't bring anything productive. Every nation committed war crimes however, it doesn't matter because this is a game forum, not a history one.

About the foreign units, if devs change their mind and decide to bring finnish or italian support to EF, that doesn't mean the other axis allies ought to be there; Devs have the last word about what will be included and what not.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline delmar77

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 05:42:31 AM »
I hope see tigers in ostheer

I like the armys south, north etc...great aidea..simple but GREAT

No rats, mices, mikey mouse or Rinos, sturemil and tanks overpower

no trolls patriotic spams

Não se apresse em perdoar. A misericórdia também corrompe.
(Nelson Rodrigues)

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 07:06:26 AM »
I shall remind you guys that this is just a game. Let's avoid this kind of discussions that doesn't bring anything productive. Every nation committed war crimes however, it doesn't matter because this is a game forum, not a history one.
Completely true, so there was no need to start talking of "patriotism" of axis countries: it's not like these fought for independence or were attacked, right?
Or maybe nowadays "civilized" european "patriotism" extends to enslaving or exterminating other nations?  Well, I wouldn't be surprised!

ADD-ON:
To any moderator: if you do remove it, which you well might, don't hesitate on removing the post(s) that caused this one. I guess, I made it clear to how and why these are offending.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:10:48 AM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:25 AM »
This seems legit.

[insert signature here]

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »
Closing this down, you were right it's an April fools. Did it a bit last minute and could have been better (like last years).
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
Re: (April Fools) Ostheer Update 5.5: Changes
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
If wouldn´t have put in mice and sturer emil it would be much harder to realise

If we hadn't put those in, people would seriously believe it being real, which is not always the best thing. They may then expect this, and then be disappointed that they are not there.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?