k, I checked both players' accounts and watched from both POVs. Both players are very new, so I think I can do a bit of good advice. [nofollow]
1) Wrong place to build the barracks. He should build it more forward to optimize his rifle squads hitting the field faster.
2) Your mate had his cap order correct, however he failed to continue capping. There was an idle engineer squad on the left side that should have been capping. Be sure they are doing something at all times. Shift-click capping commands. [nofollow]
3) This riflesquad should have retreated right away when he saw 3 PG squads coming. Doesn't matter what cover it had, it would have lost. Instead, your mate stayed in the fight until the whole squad was killed. [nofollow]
4) The two engineers on the right should have capped or lay mines instead of sitting behind the sandbag wall they made. They are useless like that, and were quickly overrun and killed
5) There's no room for a WSC that early when playing against PE. Instead your mate should have built more rifles (up to 4) and riflestalled, which is basically avoiding fights with PGs and using USA's superior capping rate to out-cap PE and deny fuel as much as possible. After that, the objective should be to get an M8 our T17 out ASAP, and an AT gun to protect from AT HT after that. AFTER THAT, WSC is an OK choice, but even then, a mortar is not a good choice against PE, since they are mobile. Snipers are usually your best WSC unit against PE because of the 45 reenforce PG cost.
6) Finally, for doctrine, I would recommend Airborne, and go for Strafing Run first, seeing that he was blobbing his PGs very closely.