Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Veterancy for PE  (Read 13534 times)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
Veterancy for PE
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »
I was wondering what order of veterancy should I get for my PE units. Im already aware of the fact that Def vet is 3 is better for infantry and Def vet 1 is better for vehicles :P. But what order should I use to get the most out of my PE units ??? For example I know that PG with MP44 should get full Def vet. But wht about all the other units?

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Veterancy for PE
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »
Just really depends on what unit you're talking about. I typically do Vet 1 Defensive on my halftracks, Vet 2 Offensive, Vet 3 Defensive. Unless it's a ATHT, which is Defense, Offense, Offense.

It really all depends on the unit and your play style. I typically go Off, Off, Def for MP44s.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
def, def, def is the best for stg44 I think cause they do a lot of damage anyway so it's better to get them some more health.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
Offensive is better for long range weapons (G43, Shreck, Marder, Mortar HT, Hummel) defensive for "melee" units (MP44, IHT, PzIV, Jagdpanther).

Vechicle def vet1 grands better bonuses than def vet2 or vet3 so if you want mixed vet (for Panther, AC, ATHT) go derensive first.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:20:12 PM by Paciat »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
What vet should I get for Humels or MHT? I read somewhere that they dont benefit from Off Vet. :( Is that true?

Also what vet should I get for Fallschirmjagers and LGF ???

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »
LGF are Long Range Engies so I would get Def, Off, Off or Off,Off,Def

The Falls are a CQB unit when they have the FG42, but they also give of nice Suppression so truthfully you can use it as a makeshift LMG. I don't really know what Vet to give for it, but as a Suppression unit I would give Def,Off,Def, or as a CQB unit Off, Off, Def.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 01:37:56 AM »
The Falls are a CQB unit when they have the FG42, but they also give of nice Suppression so truthfully you can use it as a makeshift LMG. I don't really know what Vet to give for it, but as a Suppression unit I would give Def,Off,Def, or as a CQB unit Off, Off, Def.
Triple offensive for both units - if you resharched defensive operations (healing).

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:31:51 AM »
Dunno, even with Def ops I like field regen for my infs

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:23 AM »
Dunno, even with Def ops I like field regen for my infs

Falls are extremely aggressive units and should be used as such. I typically go for 2 with FG42 Trip Offensive...such a powerful group can decimate any type of allied infantry.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:22:20 AM »
+1 to Paciat's choices. I go Offensive vet on G43s, Marders, Shreks (especially shreks), MHT, Hummel, Flak. Defensive vet on everything else. I sometimes get offensive vet on ACs but only after getting def at vet1.

Fallschirmjaeger completely depend for me on whether my opponent has strafe. If he does, trip def. If he doesn't, trip off. FG42s being CQC guns is a fallacy. They're actually brilliant at all ranges, especially with the ambush bonus. Cranial can attest to that :P.

Try to avoid mixing the vet. Due to the way it stacks, you get better bonuses for sticking to the same vet type.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:45 AM »
But is it true that MHT and Hummels dont benefit from Off vet since they use an ability rather than a attack?

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
The MHT and Hummel both benefit from the damage boost. Neither benefit from the reload bonus. The Hummel fires its shells faster with the cooldown bonus from offensive vet but doesn't recharge the barrage ability faster (delivers its 4 barrage salvo quicker but same recharge as normal). The Hummel gets a recharge reduction from each vet level regardless of what vet type you choose. The MHT fires faster no matter how it attacks but the barrage ability recharge will not be reduced. Penetration won't really matter for either of them but can be helpful and they do benefit.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
What about the Panzer IV or the Hetzer? Are they already powerful enough or do they need a boost :P? What about ATHT?

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
I always get def vet on these. On the P4, the def vet is essential because of the short range of the P4 stubby gun. The speed boost lets it get in close faster and the added defense really helps once it's there. Hetzers I personally favour def vet again but off can be quite good on them. ATHT is practically useless with off vet IMO. Should get def to let it move faster and be a little tougher.

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 03:55:42 AM »
Fals, keep K98s on them. In cover with bonuses, they will vaporize allied units at range. Def, Def, Off, the rate of fire bonuses wont let them recloak if you get all offensive, a SINGLE offensive boost will let you have more accuracy and RoF and still re-cloak.

K98ks are for fighting basic infantry, FGs fight elite armor--K98s do 75% dmg to elite, whilst FGs do 100%--if he blobs rangers or airborne, spam FGs. If not, sit in cover with 2-3 vanilla fals and i guarentee you'll hear a "lolwut" when his rifles vaporize in front of him.
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.