Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Patch 1.5 Preview - Shoutcast  (Read 25115 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Patch 1.5 Preview - Shoutcast
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
Hello Eastern Front Fans,

We bring to you a shoutcast for Eastern Front, featuring the changes made for 1.500, which will be released soon.

Patch 1.50 is one of our biggest yet. This patch has been exclusively focused on balancing the Soviet faction. The changes from 1.40 (current patch) to 1.50 contains over 200 balance changes to the Soviets, in addition to about 50 minor bug fixes and art updates.

There is a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, but we think a videocast is better than that.

The four persons playing are from our balance team, and three of them were doing the shoutcast. They'll introduce them self in the video.

Part #1

Part #2

Part #3

Part #4

Do Note 1: The person recording the video is using a sound mod on Axis weaponry, so if you hear any odd weapon sounds from the Axis, this is the reason. It is not included (and won't be in the future) in Eastern Front.
Do Note 2: This videocast was recorded on a Beta version of the 1.50 patch.

Thanks for watching it and continue to enjoy,
Eastern Front Development Team
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:17:09 AM by Rizz »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
Re: Shoutcast for the next Patch!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »
hehe finaly here it is :D

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Shoutcast for the next Patch!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »
MINDGASM

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »
Being one of the casters I can say it's worth the watch! Sneaks in here too!
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
So here is the more obvious changes i saw (correct me If I'm wrong plox)

Changes: 1) The most obvious change is that the Soviet Snipers are now one man squads. I over heard them talking about the Spotter as being some kind of upgrade, but not overly sure about that)

2) The Guards are now 4 man squads, with extreme versatility, having the ability to invest into PPS43s or SVTs, and Krak grenades. The DP-28 is still move-fire and just like before available to the Shock Guards.

3) The doctrines are quite heavily changed- The Urban Combat Doctrine's left side end is called Urban Combat, which unlocks Double Flamers for the Sturmovie Ingenery, gives the Conscripts a full set of Rifles and Phosphorus Grenades for the Guards. There is a new ability called Flare drops which as the name implies drops down a Flare so you can see what goes on in the Fog of War. Propaganda has a new picture for the Naval Infantry call-in. Includes a new ability replacing the ZiS-3 with the M1922 76mm Artillery gun.

4) The Veteran ZiS-2 crew can now hull down into an emplacement, but it can only fire in the way it was set up during the bunker down command.

Thats pretty much all the unit changes I saw, feel free to add anything else you saw that's changed from 1.40

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:13:39 AM »
So here is the more obvious changes i saw (correct me If I'm wrong plox)

Changes: 1) The most obvious change is that the Soviet Snipers are now one man squads. I over heard them talking about the Spotter as being some kind of upgrade, but not overly sure about that)

2) The Guards are now 4 man squads, with extreme versatility, having the ability to invest into PPS43s or SVTs, and Krak grenades. The DP-28 is still move-fire and just like before available to the Shock Guards.

3) The doctrines are quite heavily changed- The Urban Combat Doctrine's left side end is called Urban Combat, which unlocks Double Flamers for the Sturmovie Ingenery, gives the Conscripts a full set of Rifles and Phosphorus Grenades for the Guards. There is a new ability called Flare drops which as the name implies drops down a Flare so you can see what goes on in the Fog of War. Propaganda has a new picture for the Naval Infantry call-in. Includes a new ability replacing the ZiS-3 with the M1922 76mm Artillery gun.

4) The Veteran ZiS-2 crew can now hull down into an emplacement, but it can only fire in the way it was set up during the bunker down command.

Thats pretty much all the unit changes I saw, feel free to add anything else you saw that's changed from 1.40

You're a bit incorrect about all of those points, but generally you've picked out about 1/4 of the sneaks this video gives us :P

I won't correct you though, in an effort to make the new patch even more suprising.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Shoutcast as 1.5 Preview
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:32 AM »
Well than I would happily wait a couple of days to see all the changes I have missed. But one thing I'm not too sure I can wait for the answer to, will the Sniper get a Spotter in one way or another?

Offline Caen44

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »
Is that a special sound mod you used for the preview or is it a new one which comes with the 1.5? I am not sure but got the feeling that the sounds of 1.4 are different...anyway the sounds are very good.

Best regards and I am looking for the new patch. Great work guys!

Caen44.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:24:04 AM by Caen44 »

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
I believe the person that recorded the video (GodLikeDennis) is using a sound mod.
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Caen44

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:26:57 AM »
Would be interesting to know which sound mod was used in the video.

Caen44.

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:58 AM »
Indeed, I would like to know where I could download that sound mod. I like it). Well done everyone, keep up the good work!
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 01:42:27 AM »
... This video proves 1 thing - 1.5 is *this* close to release. Can't wait...  :)

Offline Darkjolly

• Ingenery
  • I will Decimate you, from afar
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.5 Preview - Shoutcast
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:59 AM »
Lol, Killar sounded half asleep, I couldnt really hear him a lot but nevertheless Whew...cant wait  ;D
He who seeks peace, must be prepared for war
-- Claudius

When the Ostheer come out the only matches you will see online will be Soviet/Soviet vs Ostheer/Ostheer.

R.I.P Britain, America, PE, Wermacht

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 02:44:32 AM »
Lol, Killar sounded half asleep, I couldnt really hear him a lot but nevertheless Whew...cant wait  ;D

Actually it was not late in his time: It was around 10AM in Killar's time, Afternoon in Dennis', and about 4 AM my time so I was trying to keep quiet.

Offline tintin2

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »
I really enjoyed this preview, the commentators made it so much better hehe. Really cool preview guys.
Like the others I would also want to know the name of this sound mod.
Cheers