Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Mentor/mentee-program for EF  (Read 31415 times)

Offline donthateme

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • The Great War 1918 Mod.
    • View Profile
Mentor/mentee-program for EF
« on: December 22, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »
Hello community!

As I am mentoring for some years now in vCoH, my former mentee asked me some days ago, if its possible to create a similar "mentor-program" for EF too. So new players in EF can learn by experienced players how to play with/against USSR-faction (teching, strategys...). Note that the mentoring-program is exclusivley for PvP-matches (1v1), not for games vs computer.

For all those who never heard of the mentoring-programm or what a mentor is/has to do, please check the following links of gamereplays.org:

How to mentor-->  http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=397141
What is the mentor/mentee program?-->  http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=363282

So If anyone is interessted in being a mentor or players who are searching a mentor, just sign in here.

Please post if you want to sign in as a mentor or a mentee, your in-game-name, maybe X-Fire-account-name, your age, your nationality/language, your timezone, your faction you are good in or want to get better and your skill-level so its easier to find the perfect mentor/mentee for you. You also should have a microphone, so the mentor/mentee can use Teamspeak or Mumble to discuss with each other.

If you have any questions about mentoring then please pm me.

Regards.

Sign in as: mentor for 1v1
In-game-name: scientificcasualties
X-Fire: scientificcasualties
Nationality/Language: German/english
Timezone: GMT +2
Factions: All (except RMC)
Skill/Level: Lvl 12-14 with all factions; I play CoH since 2006

Hello guys,

donthateme started the mentor/mentee project for EF.
i realy like that idea and hope that many of our good players will join here.

we will edit this first post so all people can always fast see if there is a free mentee or mentor available
also we will post which mentee is linked to his mentor

to make it easy here is also a timezone map

Open Mentors:
GenVRMoran(Panzer4life): Language: English; Timezone: GMT -5; Factions: Wehr, PE, SU, RMC

Open Mentees:
117Havoc: Language: German / English; Timezone:GMT +1;
totalrecall(SnappingTurtle): Language: English; Timezone: GMT, Factions: Whatever; Skill/Level: Lvl 3, but I've beaten lvl 9s, I just don't play often at all
Icebreaker120: X-Fire: theredbaron2; Language: English, French (not very good), German (Currently studying also not very good.); Timezone: GMT; Factions: Okay with Brits and Panzer Elite, not very good with Soviet Union and Americans; Skill/Level: Level 4 - Brits, Level 4 - Panzer Elite, Level 2- Wermacht and Level 1 Soviet Union
TheAllMightyOne: Steam: [DE]TheAllMightyOne, WallNemesis; Language: English, Swedish (futile spanish and german); Timezone: GMT +1; Factions: any realy I could realy need improvement in all of them; Skill/Level: I'm LvL 1 on all factions

linked mentees

donthateme -> Fishhunterx
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:38:13 PM by evilSpike »

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
  • there is no losing, only delayed winning.
    • View Profile
Re: Mentor/mentee-program for EF
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:57:15 PM »
hmm. sounds like a good idea to me. (not that id be able to mentor anyone) i feel like i am always seeing posts from people who say "this mod sucks" and other crap, when i nreality, they just dont know how to play.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND RAPE CEASERS GHOST IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!?

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:46:31 AM »
Can I join :D? I wanna be a mentee. I heard about a program like this on Gamereplays :P

Sign in as: Mentee
In-game-name: Fishhunterx
X-Fire: Fishhunterx (but I rarley use it, I use AIM)
Language: English, some spanish
Timezone: GMT -4
Factions: Okay with Brit, Wher, Ami. Not so great with PE and SU
Skill/Level: Lvl 5 with PE + Ami, Lvl 6 with Wher, Lvl 8 with brit, Kinda suck with SU. Playing since 2010
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:40:54 PM by Fishhunterx »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline donthateme

• Beta Testers
  • Major
  • The Great War 1918 Mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:09:13 AM »
Hey Fish, I wrote you a PM.

Regards.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:15:31 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »
Timezone: How do you know find?  ???

if donthateme only wants it in terms of gmt time, you will need to find out the GMT or London time and then say how many hours difference. for example, since donthateme has GMT plus two hours, he probably lives in either  Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland. anyways, take the GMT time and add or subtract till you get your time, and then there you go. for example, i live in GMT -8.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »
Considering how u live in California and I live in NY, I think my time is GMT -4

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline stealthattack1

• Axis Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
maybe if you lived in peru. ;) try  GMT-5

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 11:48:52 PM »
maybe if you lived in peru. ;) try  GMT-5

This is actually pretty helpful :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »
this was a realy good idea
i hope many player will use this

and hopfully we create a bigger community :D

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
So exactly how many mentors and mentees are there. Besides donthateme and me ???

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »
You know I would certainly volunteer to be a Mentor but I don't really have the time to :*(
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 01:36:43 AM »
No time for me either Crani. Such busy lives we lead.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Chancellor

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 02:47:30 AM »
So exactly how many mentors and mentees are there. Besides donthateme and me ???

The problem is that the mod's pretty much dead, so no one actually goes to these forums anymore.   :-\  I'm not trying to be the doomsayer here, but this is the straight truth.  I never beat around the fucking bush.

It used to be us (Sublime) and all the balancers who kept playing EF and kept it alive by hosting basic match games once in a while.  Sublime Snugz and Glimz has moved back to vCoH, along with me to play with my skinpack, Cranial and Dennis are busy in RL, and Killar and Ape have also moved back to vCoH.  The forum going down was the nail in the coffin.  Now all the EF games you see in the lobby are utter garbage compstomp or noobshit map / settings games.

Its basically over, and I really doubt Ostheer is going to be a big enough boost to bring the mod back to life, since there's already German factions in the game.  The hype, if there's any at all, just won't be the same.  The Ostheer is just another German faction with a few new models (nothing really new, despite what some people will want to portray), and even vCoH is getting old.  Its a great game, (IMO the BEST game ever) but this is the truth.  Back in the day when the USSR was released, vCoH was already starting to go on the wrong side of the slope.  Now, forget about talking about mods; even vCoH is in decline.

Even as I'm typing this, there's only 5 registered users on these forums.  Even on prime time, there's only an average of around 10-12 registered users, and usually over 60% of them are either devs or balancers, and they're only the same people every time.  The daily guys.  Its sad, and it fucking sucks, but that's really how it is.  The Ostheer needs to come soon, and it really, really needs a huge-ass publicity miracle if EF mod wants to stay on the radar at all.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:57:52 AM by Yauz »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 04:10:18 AM »

The problem is that the mod's pretty much dead, so no one actually goes to these forums anymore.   :-\  I'm not trying to be the doomsayer here, but this is the straight truth.  I never beat around the fucking bush.

No, I agree. Unfortunetly the crowd for vCOH declines for various reasons which also effects the crowd for EF. If you have ever visited the GR.com forums they always talk about vCOH being dead, whether ppl still play, and if there is a COH2 (which I personally doubt)

But the community of EF can still try and keep this mod alive and active by hosting little things like mentor progrmas and tournaments and basic games(cause they're so fucking rare these days, yeah I cursed excuse me). Its these actions that will show ppl that this mod is still worth looking at and maybe pursuade them to join (although probably not that many ppl). Despite the dwindling crowd we can still try our best :D.

And Ostheer might not draw in too many ppl at least it'll bring in some  :P. Hopefully they're not comp stompers :P

The only thing that might work (for EF ppl still here) is to have games on a regular schedualed basis. Like every friday or saturday for example. Just like the touraments that tried to take place b4 the timing went all wrong and shit happened. Then another attempt by both hosters and attendies never occured. The community must be tenacious in these games and actually attend  :P
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:10:20 PM by Fishhunterx »

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"