Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: THQ will develop a new Company of Heroes game  (Read 144806 times)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: THQ will develop a new Company of Heroes game
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:52 AM »
Bleh, another annoying trailer filled with 1 second clips, it's nice to see a glimpse of an IS2 but holy shit it's taken them long enough.

would be amazing if they added ANZAC's and Japs in a DLC

Uh, that would be a little more than just DLC and would likely require more work to make than CoH2. ANZAC is pretty niche, they'd need to add in the US too for it to be viable commercially.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:47:34 AM by BurroDiablo »

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2012, 04:03:17 AM »
I can't say I agree Burro, WWII buffs would go nuts (name 5 WWII games where they are playable, other than Paradox Interactive games) and most CoH players would be interested, even if slightly.

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »
ANZAC's is NZ and Aus so because of the Aus part it would be quite big commercially, and a rather unique change in the gaming industry. i dont think i can name a game where you play as or command anzac army's.
Italy would be a nice addition too.
Embrace your Dreams

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
There's a reason you don't see them in any games, because a game focusing on the ANZAC's isn't commericially viable. Big budget titles like CoH need to sell big, and without the ingame infrastructure, Pacific assets, units models, animations and voice acting for Anzac/Japanese units, we'd be talking about a game with a bigger budget and with a longer development cycle than CoH2. I believe CoH sold the vast majority of it's copies in Europe, if you think most European CoH fans would want a game focusing on Anzac in the pacific then you must be pretty goddamn high, it's far too niche to have it's own game dedicated to it and they is exactly why it doesn't. Anzac forces added to CoH at all in any way, shape or form would be part of the Brits, as they are in MoW. But again, if Relic made the entire infrastructure for a game in the Pacific and it looks fantastic, they might as well add America first and then do Brits/Anzac's later, since US vs Japan would sell a shitload more copies.

Blame money. :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:35:35 AM by BurroDiablo »

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
too true, but like i said it would be nice. but would as in it wont happen haha.

but why would the anzac's go under the brits? i know they were collonies of great britain, but as far as i know they didnt fight alongside the brits during the war. i know that the brits were meant to send something like 20k - 40k troops to gallipolli's flank to aid the anzac's but that didnt happen xD

maybe on sicilly or something, but im not sure if the brits were involved in avalanche, i think that was just USA and anzac's
Embrace your Dreams

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Australia and New Zealand (and Canada) are part of the Commonwealth and fought under British leadership in both wars. I believe Winston Churchill came up with the idea of the Gallipoli landing. In WW2, the Desert Rats had a significant role in the North Africa campaign under Monty, and ANZACs fought the Japanese probably in concert with British and American troops (after 1940).

Saying they were just colonies of GB is putting it mildly. The King was still Head of State and all Commonwealth countries still fall under British leadership as independently governed colonies.

An ANZAC specific game won't happen. The role in the war was not large enough and is not commercially viable. Additionally, equipment was British or American manufactured and offers nothing unique.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:36:40 PM by GodlikeDennis »
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Desert_Fox

• Translator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Not sure if im gonna preorder it though, i'd prefer a physical collectors edition more than a digital one.

There will be only digital version of CoH2 (I heard a dev say this in a video).

Offline Orle

• Ingenery
  • Yepp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
Not sure if im gonna preorder it though, i'd prefer a physical collectors edition more than a digital one.

Really?? that sucks big time=/
<3 ISU-152

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »
Yep, I know the same thing from somewhere :)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »

I don't know about that, PCDVD version is availible for pre-order on various sites. That said, I preordered the PCDVD version of BF3 and I still needed to download the game via origin which was fucking stupid.

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
last weekend there was a 50% deal on origin (europe) were i was able to preorder coh2 for only 25 euro
but afaik this works like a normal shop so i will probably get also just a key from origin to activate in steam and download it there

Offline mSnowflake

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
last weekend there was a 50% deal on origin (europe) were i was able to preorder coh2 for only 25 euro
but afaik this works like a normal shop so i will probably get also just a key from origin to activate in steam and download it there

origin is just the same as steam, just from a different company. so it works exactly the same. you'll need to download it from them and use there program (origin) to start the game

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
not realy
relic said already that it dosnt matter where you bought the game you will always need steam because its a steamworks game :P

Killar

« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:48 PM »
Wait what? You can only play coh2 if you have steam account?

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »
Yeah, your account is tied to Steam, so no more smurfing