Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: THQ will develop a new Company of Heroes game  (Read 144935 times)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: THQ will develop a new Company of Heroes game
« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2013, 10:03:09 PM »
Thought they might go with a release that coincides with the beginning of Operation Barbarossa. Dat cheese.

And exceed us, Relic?

:P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:58:44 PM by BurroDiablo »

Offline Sotahullu

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
Many people have forgotten one simple thing: Relics new owners is Sega.

And that video material is old. Many things could have happened!

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »
The video is old, but the Gameranx article is new. And I don't think anybody has forgotten about Sega, not that the change matters anymore, Relic finished integrating with them last week.

Offline Andreas 'DMz' Boyce

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Resident Lurker and Forum Troll.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:48 AM »
 Unfortunatly the lack of a worldbuilder, and the impression the guy gave in the interview basically said hands off its our game & our engine, any maps you get will come from us at a price. Its about what i expected tbh. Dont worry its not that impressive to play anyway from what i have seen. And apart from the 2048 textures and the added gimmicks of the ice and jumping over fences there really isnt that much more to see. Okay its pretty, but how many times have we all seen pretty & hype about how brilliant a game will be in the last 3 years on dozens of games, and all they have done is be played once or twice and been binned.

The fact that it only has a soviet campaign also smacks of DLC tbh, as they can then sell you a Axis campaign followed by an allied and commonwealth one. Then they can mess around selling you north Africa followed by japanese and the pacific, each one in turn deteriorating in legnth and quality as per usual.  Walki summed it up just about right i think. Just a lisence to print money for themselves, they couldent get coho to make money so now they will force you to buy maps and vehicles ..... or be at a distinct disadvantage when you play.

I for one shall not buy it untill it has been proven to me in a dozen replays ive watched, and deffinatly not until they half the price :/ . For one game with only a one sided campaign, no matter how long the campaign is, it is not worth the money they are asking. Starcraft 2 i could understand as you had a choice of 6 factions, Each with a campaign.  But to just play one faction in an rts games campaign, and then be expected to play online with the other faction, when they didnt even have the decency to give you even a short campaign for it is rediculous.
OMG Smoothing !

Offline EasyCalic

• Allied Commander
  • Strelky
  • Profesional slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
The fact that it only has a soviet campaign also smacks of DLC tbh, as they can then sell you a Axis campaign followed by an allied and commonwealth one. Then they can mess around selling you north Africa followed by japanese and the pacific, each one in turn deteriorating in legnth and quality as per usual.  Walki summed it up just about right i think. Just a lisence to print money for themselves, they couldent get coho to make money so now they will force you to buy maps and vehicles ..... or be at a distinct disadvantage when you play.

I for one shall not buy it untill it has been proven to me in a dozen replays ive watched, and deffinatly not until they half the price :/ . For one game with only a one sided campaign, no matter how long the campaign is, it is not worth the money they are asking. Starcraft 2 i could understand as you had a choice of 6 factions, Each with a campaign.  But to just play one faction in an rts games campaign, and then be expected to play online with the other faction, when they didnt even have the decency to give you even a short campaign for it is rediculous.

Are we forgetting that the original CoH only has 1 campaign also? A fairly good one at that.

And for all we know, with THQ's disappearance, we might not even get anything new for CoH2 at all now.

Star craft 2, six campaigns? You smoking pot, chum? THAT IS REDICULOUS.

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2013, 09:40:36 PM »
We can only wait and see what happens with mods and worldbuilder. Sega seem like a reasonably competent publisher, hopefully any amount of monetisation will be minimal now Relic is securely funded enough to continue developing games. If recent gaming debacles have taught developers and publishers anything, hell hath no fury like a pissed off fanbase. Besides a game being a buggy and broken mess, there's nothing fans hate more than the inability to create custom content and integrated virtual begging (aka, microtransactions).

Offline Jäger

• Donor
  • Guard
  • Amateur WW2 Historian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:03 AM »
Thought they might go with a release that coincides with the beginning of Operation Barbarossa. Dat cheese.

And exceed us, Relic?

:P

I have to say, you guys are a better team than Relic.

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 08, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »
It is like what I have been suspecting for a long time: it is essentially this mod recycled with better graphics. And then there is the addition of stuff I really don't like, with the ice and the fact that your men can freeze to death. I understand that it may be realistic but come on, we are playing a computer game here.
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
It is like what I have been suspecting for a long time: it is essentially this mod recycled with better graphics.

Which is not a bad thing!
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Nils18

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 08, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »
Indeed, Walki! But why the need to pay for it? EF is for free and the community can influence it to a considerable degree!
Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 08, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »
Indeed, Walki! But why the need to pay for it? EF is for free and the community can influence it to a considerable degree!
To get better graphics and epic campy snow maps which will be pleasing all those Scheldt Compstompers :D

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 08, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
To get better graphics and epic campy snow maps which will be pleasing all those Scheldt Compstompers :D

Well be proud that they increased graphics quality and didn't go the CoD path.
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 08, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »

Well, they got to find some way to make money. The COH servers arn't gonna pay themselves.

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »

Hugs all.
 "Exceed the EasternFront" ? :p ... Sounds disrespectful, doesn't it?
 I love the mod you guys made. Looking forward to Ostherr and Campaign ;)

Still want/need COH2 though ;)
 Completely agree to what a lot of you said.

No worldbuilder... well, it's their new child. It's understandable. It will come in time.
 COH1 didn't have a worldbuilder for awhile.
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2013, 04:05:19 AM »
There was 2 months difference between the initial CoH release and Worldbuilder being patched in. If they're that swift this time around, I'll eat my own farts.