Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Wehr vs Brit Strategies  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
Wehr vs Brit Strategies
« on: September 02, 2012, 04:31:26 AM »
Can someone tell me if this strategy works? I tried it vs a noob-average player and it seemed to work but IDK if it works at higher levels. The author even said he hasn't tried it at higher lvls.

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=page&name=company-of-heroes-wehrmacht-strategy-tactics-pak-creep-antibritish

And if any of u want you can discuss and Wher vs Brit questions you have :P

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Panzer-Guppy ready for battle!"
"Ha Ha Ha! We have the ZEAL!"
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Wehr vs Brit Strategies
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 05:56:51 AM »
IMO it might work but it sacrifices your two greatest advantages over the Brit in the first place, capping power and elite armour. Grenspam or piospam are way more powerful and leave you with a huge capping advantage. This strat has almost no capping to speak of because there is only 1 volks and 2 pios (pios are always needed to fight Brits, not cap). You are also very vulnerable to a protected mortar or early FOO because of reliance on weapon crews. This strategy probably worked better when it was written because Brits would usually only get a BC and 2 infantry squads. Nowadays it is much more common to see 3 Tommies from the Brit which should overcome that early game quite easily. By the time the Sniper is out the Brit will probably already have the advantage and you will have less map control than the Brits because of his truck lockdown.

Also, Shreks are better against Brits than Paks anyway.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:11:34 AM »
DO you have an effective Gren spam strategy seeing as though my micro sucks and I wouldn't be able to pull off pio spam effectively

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:46 AM »
It depends on what your opponent is up to (stags, blobs, emplacement spam)

In team games I usually do 2X Mg42 and bike and 3 or 4 snipers then go infantry vet 3 dual panzershreck grenadier (3 squads) and blow the trucks or defenses he has while snipers do the Ai job.  It might not work very well against stags though, but that's why you tech to panthers or get Pak or two.  If see my Brit opponent do nothing but spaming infantry ( if he has 3 LTs you can tell he is up to something like that ) I just go vet3 sniper abuse and punish the Brit for being a noob blobber.

I don't usually play 1v1 but my usual start vs the Brit is 5 pio t2 halftrack and 4 or more vet 3 grenadiers with shrecks if you can, and then get stuh42s to deal with infantry but again then again you are very vulnerable to staghounds, but that's what supported paks or lategame panthers or tiger are for, if you managed to survive.  If I still have pios if I can afford it I upgrade vet and flamethrowers for them.  Problem with this is that once you loose your stuh's or early game your halftrack is gone and you don't have enough CPs for stuh your grenadier or pio blob is no match for Brit blob.  A simple Pak decrewed and turned against you leaves you even more vulnernable to stags and makes the stuh vulnerable to the pak you gave him.

All you need to do is to just simply retreat the pios if you are going to have risk of loosing it, that's pretty much the only micro you do.  You just really need to pay attention to them so that you still have capping power.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:58:40 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 03:47:49 AM »
You may find this useful because it's done by an expert versus an expert :D

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/portals.php?show=news&news_id=903629

Simply skip T1 and get T2 but it's not "gren spam" or "flamer pio spam". This strat based on HT-Gren-Mortar usage. Even if you loose HT build another one to stay on the field, retreat as less as possible and try to make a pressure on Brits and manpower damage to avoid a 25th pounder or facing a Firefly until KT. Aimstrong executed this pretty well but you need practice to do as him.

Basically I haven't seen anybody who used T1 vs Brits in this patch. Brits designed to fight vs Pe so you need Elite armor asap- that's why you need T2 to counter Tommies and Stuart.   
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:49:43 AM by Riggsman »

Offline Pac-Fish

• Axis Commander
  • Waka Waka Gluba Gulba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:54:11 AM »
THx. I'll watch this replay later. I assume this tactic requires very good micro. Oh boy O_o

Om Nom Nom Nom
"Grenadiers! Fall In!!"