when?!
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:11:43 AM »
When will the ostheer be coming!? :D

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: when?!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:34:19 AM »
Soon probably a few weeks probably according to what I have heard.

btw where is Otto Halfhand, it doesn't seem he has been on recently
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:45:04 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »

When it's done. I don't see the point of this thread.

Offline jdogg

• Ingenery
  • re-enacting scenes from platoon with charlie sheen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
given that hes only posted 5 other times I assume hes simply trying to find out if its worth downloading this mod at this point in time or just wait for COH2 to come out, which is a month and a half away.

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
Lol... still someone believe that COH2 will come out till end of March ?
Their beta(closed one) was planed to start 2 months ago.. so I dont expect released COH2 before July.

And about Ostheer beta... it is closing with every single night. No one really can say when the closed beta will start cuz there are still alot of balance changes and tests to be done. No one from developers want to release something that is not good, unbalanced and unfinished. 

My bet is that OH beta can come out before COH2 beta.

Offline Wekwekboris

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »
Soon.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »
My personal favorite

Offline omya

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »

i got so bored waiting for eastern front Ostheer. i installed modern combat for coh it has one level.. try it :)
Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 06:05:55 PM »
Urk, MC has horrible balance. Been playing it some, and the US completely lacks proper armour. I laughed when I experienced the satchel charge in the game too.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Urk, MC has horrible balance. Been playing it some, and the US completely lacks proper armour. I laughed when I experienced the satchel charge in the game too.

Yeah MC is a good change of pace if your just waiting for the ostheer. but i have to agree with you, the fact that the US has no main tank at all, and no arty of any type, and has to rely on squishy strikers getting anything done is a bit nonsense, especially when you have to face chinese main tanks, and the they have 2 non-doctrinal rocket launchers (with one of them being able to also shoot rockets automatically without firing a barrage!), while the US has not artillery options whatsover (yeah they have a mortar carrier, but a mortar wont reach or damage their rocket launchers), excluding the doctrinal paladin, but im pretty sure even that was nerfed. So basically the rocket launchers can sit back without fear of counter-battery.

Other than that the game is very high quality and done things i never thought were possible in COH
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:51:44 AM by robotnik »

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »

Yeah MC is a good change of pace if your just waiting for the ostheer. but i have to agree with you, the fact that the US has no main tank at all, and no arty of any type, and has to rely on squishy strikers getting anything done is a bit nonsense, especially when you have to face chinese main tanks, and the they have 2 non-doctrinal rocket launchers (with one of them being able to also shoot rockets automatically without firing a barrage!)

You summed it up quite nicely. The US does have something of a hummel, but it's only doctrinal.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:09 AM »

Yeah MC is a good change of pace if your just waiting for the ostheer. but i have to agree with you, the fact that the US has no main tank at all, and no arty of any type, and has to rely on squishy strikers getting anything done is a bit nonsense, especially when you have to face chinese main tanks, and the they have 2 non-doctrinal rocket launchers (with one of them being able to also shoot rockets automatically without firing a barrage!)

You summed it up quite nicely. The US does have something of a hummel, but it's only doctrinal.

Yeah, its called the paladin. Its like a hummel, it fires only 4 shells, but has no lockdown ability and does less damage. its not really worth it except to counter chinese rocket launchers