Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Piggy bank questions  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Kavkazets74

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Piggy bank questions
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »
Hello dear developers!
On several Russian-speaking forums I have accumulated a number of questions and suggestions, so I'm writing this message. Please answer a few questions:
Questions:
1. Why was changed skin soldiers OstHeer (Landser)? In my opinion, option 1 looked much better http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/videos/ostheer-infantry-gruppen-post#imagebox
2. Can you name an approximate release date for the single player campaign?
3. When can we expect a new patch?
4. Will the new units added to the original Army?
5. Will there be added to the game such units as of the NKVD, the Soviet paratroopers, armored vehicles for the USSR?

Here are some suggestions that are often heard among the players:
1. Many players would like to see in the game of American marines. These soldiers will look good in the CoH EF.
2. The Soviet paratroopers , perhaps as a replacement for the guerrillas.
3. A new system to vet the USSR. This topic has been discussed for a long time and then forget it. The gist of it is that after receiving the 3-level unit receives the status of "The Guard"; changing appearance and some weapons.
Example:
rifleman - rifleman (2 Lvl) - Guard rifleman (Mosin rifle SVT-change to 40; the skins are replaced by Skins Guardsmen)
Sniper - Sniper (2 Lvl) - Guards Sniper (Everything remains the same, but now he can "suppress the fire," the enemy unit)
Engineers - Engineers (2 Lvl) - Guard Engineers (rifles replaced by PCA-41)
Guard units is very difficult to suppress the fire, they have a high level of health and much more effective in combat.
Division "Guardsmen" disappears because it becomes unnecessary.
4. The border guards - the detachment of Soviet soldiers. 5 people, 4 rifles and one machine gun DP -27. Effective at long range, while sniping - Damage x2.
5. Tank BT-7 - light tank is replaced by a T-70 at Arsenal. These tanks were a lot in the beginning of the war, so it will look historically accurate game.
6. BA-64 - Support is available in the barracks instead of gas-43. Gas-43 is available at the headquarters.
Please answer these questions.

P.S. The translation is done using Google translator, so maybe some of the words will be translated correctly.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Piggy bank questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:30:14 AM »
Hello dear developers!
On several Russian-speaking forums I have accumulated a number of questions and suggestions, so I'm writing this message. Please answer a few questions:
Questions:
1. Why was changed skin soldiers OstHeer (Landser)? In my opinion, option 1 looked much better http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/videos/ostheer-infantry-gruppen-post#imagebox
2. Can you name an approximate release date for the single player campaign?
3. When can we expect a new patch?
4. Will the new units added to the original Army?
5. Will there be added to the game such units as of the NKVD, the Soviet paratroopers, armored vehicles for the USSR?
1- Because the former modelmix required more resources than the one we are using right now.
2- I don't think we have a date for that, so far we haven't worked in single player campaign for a while :-\. The few comrades that still work do it in the multiplayer part.
3- I also don't have a date, but we expect to have something soon.
4- At this point, I dont think so.
5- The only things planned to be added so far ar the models we plan to replace and some stuff for the reward trees which our custom models. Other than KV-85 I don't think we might do anything else.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 05:48:13 AM »
I modelled a new Panzer III about 6 months ago and we're still waiting on it to be animated, it's hard for me to justify making new vehicles if they're not going to be used.
It's all portfolio work either way, but since I lost all my Uni work in a hard drive crash my portfolio is almost entirely EF vehicles... makes me looks like a one trick donkey.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:54:22 AM by Steve 'Burro' M. »

Offline Olecsandr1942

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
I modelled a new Panzer III about 6 months ago and we're still waiting on it to be animated, it's hard for me to justify making new vehicles if they're not going to be used.
It's all portfolio work either way, but since I lost all my Uni work in a hard drive crash my portfolio is almost entirely EF vehicles... makes me looks like a one trick donkey.

This means that you will have to re-draw the model tanks and machines?

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 10:29:17 PM »
All our ingame models are saved to an online repository when they're finished, the only thing I lost relating to EF was an environmental ChTZ S-65 tractor.

Offline Justforfun1

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »

This means that you will have to re-draw the model tanks and machines?

Sorry man to hear that, this suck!