Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: pettiton on stupid ideas.  (Read 16473 times)

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: pettiton on stupid ideas.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
one more to the list of stupid ideas haha
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 08:57:45 AM »
Paciat, I don't know how many time I have to explain this to you.

Units like the H-35, Panzer IV F1, Ostwind, T17, Pershing, and Geshutzwagon has already been implemented. Vehicles which either didn't see combat, saw very little combat, were obsolete by the time of Normandy or did not appear until the final days of the war. The T-90 of yours does not have a very remarkable service history either, but it was deemed a good concept for a game unit. That is what I suggested for the T-35, it is a good concept for an infantry support tank, so stop pulling out combat records, because I can just as easily nail your beloved tanks for the same crime.
Come on. T-35 is a 10 year old tank. Germans even used Renault FT-17 in 1944 but ist a bad idea to use them in the game.

Nobody likes H-35, Panzer IV F1 is an old tank(not as old as T-35) that hapened to be in Holland in 1944, Ostwind represents all mobile 3,7cm Flaks.

Pershing, Sherman rocket launcher and flame thrower are in the game to give US more choice than just Shermans and M10s.

T-35 cant apear before Marders, later it will be useless (comparing to T-34 that also comes quite early) even with tank shock.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:05:50 AM by Paciat »

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »
Nobody likes H-35....
As zeal PE player I would say this to Hotchkiss: It could be good add to PE weaponry if it wouldn't replace the PzIV. As PE PzIV is your only option to fight blobs of Rangers or other elite Inf. (as PE doesn't have ANY non-doctr.suppress weapons). If H35 replaces ATHT f.e. it would be very interesting choice.

T-35 cant apear before Marders, later it will be useless (comparing to T-34 that also comes quite early) even with tank shock.
I thought that Red Army concept is already finished. ??? I don't understand guys why are you discussing T35.
Btw. I don't think that T35 would be useless even after Marders because it still could be used to fight infantry (or ruin buildings) and as for AT role standard AT gun can be used. It would be only a matter of player preference and tactic approach. Or it could be used to combat Axis schreck units for which T90 is not very capable since it will die in 2 shots.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »
I thought that Red Army concept is already finished. ??? I don't understand guys why are you discussing T35.
Btw. I don't think that T35 would be useless even after Marders because it still could be used to fight infantry (or ruin buildings) and as for AT role standard AT gun can be used. It would be only a matter of player preference and tactic approach. Or it could be used to combat Axis schreck units for which T90 is not very capable since it will die in 2 shots.
Were talking about reward units so Red Army concept is not finished.
T-35 had weak armor (comparing to medium armor). Thats why it wont be good in fighting anything more than non AT infantry. And even T-90 does that well.

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 11:13:12 AM »
Were talking about reward units so Red Army concept is not finished.
T-35 had weak armor (comparing to medium armor). Thats why it wont be good in fighting anything more than non AT infantry. And even T-90 does that well.
Didn't know that :) you're right, T35 has similar or even weaker armor than T90 but has about 4x more weight thus it would have about 4x more health (thinking about size it will be also larger and easier to hit then...). It could be good fighting inf. if it would create enough suppress, which it eventually should.

Anyways I'm not expert but I feel that T35 would be a nightmare to model, not only 3d model but also AI model to shoot from several guns/MGs.

As for reward unit, for Red Army I would appreciate for example GAZ truck (infantry carrier) which could replace the Medic truck.

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »
There already is a model of it, just waiting for them, to decide to put it in and code it(Which will be a nightmare) .

~Darth Vader

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
  • Id explain WWII to you but your head would explode
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »
CoH has v1s which could not hit the broadside of London (much less a barn) and yet again the all mighty controller of physics and history know as Relic put it in there and you want to know something kinda funny? The Schwerer Gustav's HE shell contained LESS explosives than a V1 and the V1 used more powerful explosives on account of the fact it did not have to withstand being fired supersonic out of a cannon. Only fired 60 something 80cm shells were fired in combat while tens of thousands of v1s were launched.

Also to say the Maus was "uncommon" is a HUGE freaking understatement as there was never a complete model until the Soviets showed up and put the completed turret of #2 on the dummy turreted #1.

Then... good god the Ratte and the Monster?? are you super serial? Like Al gore serial? Those things never got finished on the goddamn drawing board much less even built. On top of that no one (or at least me) is really saying the other ideas (i.e t35) are unrealistic just completely useless tactically and would not benefit the game in any way shape or form...

P.S. Chemical weapons uses were theoretical at best and both sides did not want to use them in fear of retaliation in kind. The only confirmed exposures to chemical weapons were in the death camps and a American store of Mustard gas (for use if Germany used any) that was accidentally released when the storage ship was bombed. Another note is the fact that Hitler never wanted to use chemical weapons (even once the "1000 year Reich" was obviously doomed) because he did not want anyone, especially his own troops in retaliation, to suffer in the ways he witnessed during his service in WWI.

Please excuse any language you may find offensive, it is only used to convey frustration.

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!
Relic name: SauerKRAUTSHD

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
Only 1 objection, Your criticism of the T-35 was as useless as you say it is, The T-35 would be extremely useful tactically but apparently you fail to recognise that.

~Darth Vader

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »
Yes, if it survives more than a few seconds. Anything CoH labels as "anti tank" could kill the t35 with utter ease and I would not be surprised to see one get split stem to stern by a FlaK 36.

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »
Yes, if it survives more than a few seconds. Anything CoH labels as "anti tank" could kill the t35 with utter ease and I would not be surprised to see one get split stem to stern by a FlaK 36.

again, i can just point out that this is a balance issue. It isnt a argument for or against a unit suggestion at all. Since we are talking about gameplay not the reality.

What was/n't usefull in the reality does/n't has be usefull ingame - talking about gameplay. Just think about the stug IV.

Since this topic is too generally named, i would suggested to put it in the general suggestions thread to have some sensefull discussion also about russian tanks not just about panzers. Because this is what we are doing already.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:36:13 PM by Venoxxis »

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »
Yeah your right..............so what do you think about the T-35?
Kidding :)

~Darth Vader

Offline Shadowmetroid

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »
....so what do you think about the T-35?

LOL!  ;D

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »

again, i can just point out that this is a balance issue. It isnt a argument for or against a unit suggestion at all. Since we are talking about gameplay not the reality.

What was/n't usefull in the reality does/n't has be usefull ingame - talking about gameplay. Just think about the stug IV.

Since this topic is too generally named, i would suggested to put it in the general suggestions thread to have some sensefull discussion also about russian tanks not just about panzers. Because this is what we are doing already.
Thanks.

Good to see some sense in others too. I'll second your post.

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »
I guess you are right about the balance issue but there are plenty of units that were far more common than anything in the "silly idea" category that have even been modeled already. Like the Ferdinand/Elefant or even a KT that can be used in a similar manner as a Maus. Lol for such things as super artillery the Karl morsers were far more common with 10(?) being built and in Men of war you can actually control one but even that would have to be a off map for CoH to damn big and still really rare. Panzerwerfers would be cool and were essentially way cooler Kats with bigger rockets and operated in units just as large as Kats. I think the Maus could be used in a campaign though..

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 01:30:26 PM »
Just as a small information;
CoH used vehicles and weapons which where USED druing the war!

what about the Panzer Elite bergetiger?

and since you are a developer, whats the team opinion about the Sturmtiger? i like the tank and i think a "super" assault gun as a "final" doctrine unit will fit with the general theme of Germans sides to have a "super" unit while being diferent of another king tiger or the elephant that could end being to similar to the jadgpanther

dont take this a suggestion, i am new and i want to know the opinion of the team about it, so i can shut up about it  :-X