Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Do you like Mustard or Ketchup on your Tiger Berger?  (Read 14567 times)

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Do you like Mustard or Ketchup on your Tiger Berger?
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »
PE's Bergetiger has to be one of the wierdest units in the World of vCoH. Some say its a vehicle recovery unit. Some say its a Rolling Bunker. Some say its a Breath Mint.

My initial thoughts:
  • As a Vehicle Recovery unit it is very unreliable. Sometimes an at start wreck is recoverable, sometimes not.
  • Sometimes it will recover wrecks  created during the Game, sometimes it doesn't.
  • As a Rolling Bunker its value is moot. THe hull mounted MG seems less effective than most vehicle mounted MGs and setting up a shot seems to take as much time as setting up an MG42 squad.
  • Just how does the crushing ability work. Running LW into the side of the Bergetiger kills them. I have destroyed a Bergetiger with a T90 shooting at the front of the vehicle and a Com Squad Kiting back and forth "behind" the beast. (v1.3.1 - no artillery, no molotovs no casualties, ~30% damage to T90)!
  • In multiplayer it does give PE access to real tanks but your allies get the most benefit, (read as fun), out of the deal.
What do you THink? Pass the fried onions please.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

pariah

Re: Do you like Mustard or Ketchup on your Tiger Berger?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
What pisses me off the most about these things is when they crush a vehicle i wanted to recover... ::) >:(

Also, what's with the impossibly quiet drivers voice? ???

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
they can win the game for you, or make you wish you never built one. i personally dont use them unless my opponent is pretty bad i guess in which case you wouldnt really need one nayway lol
Soviet is OP

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
Deep fried onions may cause acidity :P
On topic even conscripts with molotovs destroy a bergetiger with little to no damage to themselves(read no casualties). Lust throw 3 of the petrol bombs, watch the engine explode, look at the bergetiger take insane damage as it tries to rotate to fire it's MG(which never do any damage to anything) and watch it explode and provide tons of xp to said conscripts.
I would prefer ketchup please. ;D
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 06:21:33 AM »
The berge can be extremely good in certain situations. It especially shines in team games or when you have Panthers, Hummels or a Jagdpanther. Don't even try to rebuild units on the front line. Rather, keep your berge back so he doesn't know you even have one and only rebuild out of his LoS. If you do that, he won't know to destroy the wrecks. If you do want to recover something on the front line, do a massive push combined with a henschel or something to force him back while you do the repairs. Repairing under fire is just an easy way to make an expensive scrap heap. Used properly, the berge can win games.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
Its cool :P Whats buggs me is the 2 panzergrenadiers sitting at the back of it operating the crane.. who survives artillery, shells, bullets, flames and even rain XD

Otherwise Its a godbless! If you during 2vs2 and you are PE and Wehr. Especially if the wehr its going blitz and his tiger gets destroyed. In this way the wehr can get 2 tigers or even more :3

I once saw a game where the wehr player had 5 tigers cruzing around spreading death and terror <3

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

pariah

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:43:53 AM »
Its cool :P Whats buggs me is the 2 panzergrenadiers sitting at the back of it operating the crane.. who survives artillery, shells, bullets, flames and even rain XD
But they're Panzer Grenadiers, man. They're no ordinary men. ;)
I once saw a game where the wehr player had 5 tigers cruzing around spreading death and terror <3
Say goodbye to your infantry... ;D

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:20 AM »
I used the berger tiger as a shield for the marderIII. While a Sherman try to chow up it. Lockdowned MarderIII will chow up Sherman. Berger tiger dont have armor like a true tiger but maybe they have a good chance of ricochet right?
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

pariah

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:50:36 AM »
I think their armor is pretty much the same as a standard Tiger. You'd have to ask Dennis. ;D

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
I used the berger tiger as a shield for the marderIII. While a Sherman try to chow up it. Lockdowned MarderIII will chow up Sherman. Berger tiger dont have armor like a true tiger but maybe they have a good chance of ricochet right?

A Bergertiger has the same armor as a Tiger I. However it takes 4x damage while repairing or recovering (Confirm this, Dennis? I'm 95% sure this is right)
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

pariah

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 03:32:29 AM »
In my experience trying to kill those things while they recover, it doesn't look like it. I can hit them with all kinds of A-T, but they almost always manage to recover the vehicle and get out of there in time...

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 05:18:13 AM »

A Bergertiger has the same armor as a Tiger I. However it takes 4x damage while repairing or recovering (Confirm this, Dennis? I'm 95% sure this is right)

+1 The berge has Tiger armour (like the Tiger funnily enough) and almost as much health (1000:1064base). It takes X4 damage while repairing.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:51 AM »
So... If when they dont have anything to do, berger can become a big-ass steel shield for the paper maderIII :)
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Otto Halfhand

• Donor
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »
When I've used the Tiger Burger as a chopped meat shield ( :D berge); its seems to bugger the LOF of the screened unit. Maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there.
孫 The
EF_v1.7.10
子 Art
Illegitimi non Carborundum -"Vinegar" Joe Stilwell
兵 of
Sun Tzu says: In warfare one compels and is not compelled by others
法 War

pariah

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
Units can just shoot through each other, but it may affect accuracy, i dunno. I know infantry take more damage when they're grouped up, which is compounded by that Barbed Wire bug...