Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys  (Read 36658 times)

Offline Budwise

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
it would be great to bring back the Tiger Ace in the Ostheer as a doctrine unit ofc.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »
NO, NO, NO! The Tiger is MAGIIIIC!!! :o
 :D
But, seriously, it would ruin my day to see a Tiger coming out of a factory.
Dont understand the wheres the difference.
Is Tiger I MAGIIIIC becouse you dont need to use fuel and wait untill it gets build?

I would love to wait 2 minutes for a single vet 0 Tiger (Panther is build in 70 seconds).

Offline Toorstain

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
I was just joking about the MAGIIIIIC-stuff. ;D

What I meant was that heavy tanks, in my opinion, shouldn't be built out of factories because... they are unique.

I don't care what you have pay or what you have to do to get them, but I think heavy tanks should be off-map units.

The heavy tanks is like the tank you just can't buy, it is so huge and epic that it must be called inn (except with russians).

Or am I just crazy ???

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
I was just joking about the MAGIIIIIC-stuff. ;D
The heavy tanks is like the tank you just can't buy, it is so huge and epic that it must be called inn (except with russians).

Or am I just crazy ???
Just build a huge factory with a Manufacture of Epic nearby.  ;D

Offline 2LTAndeh

• Ingenery
  • La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2010, 02:43:05 AM »
Tiger tanks? I want to see Liger tanks!

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2010, 03:51:38 AM »
Then it will be king tigers. Then, sigh, maus.

Then the game will be ruined when the ratte appears.

I souldnt of said that ::)
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:41 AM »
NO, NO, NO! The Tiger is MAGIIIIC!!! :o
 :D
But, seriously, it would ruin my day to see a Tiger coming out of a factory.
Dont understand the wheres the difference.
Is Tiger I MAGIIIIC becouse you dont need to use fuel and wait untill it gets build?

I would love to wait 2 minutes for a single vet 0 Tiger (Panther is build in 70 seconds).

lol it wouldn't be THAT long if they were built in factories cause noone would wait 2 mins for a tank cause 2 mins in a rts is a LONG time.

[insert signature here]

Offline sid

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2010, 10:17:24 AM »
just add some other tank to g oagainst is-2 and leave a tiger for call in. :)

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
Then it will be king tigers. Then, sigh, maus.

Then the game will be ruined when the ratte appears.

I souldnt of said that ::)

You mean this:

A képet a Képfeltöltés.hu tárolja. http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu

;D

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
just add some other tank to go against is-2 and leave a tiger for call in. :)

This is right what we thought as well when this idea came up for the first time.
But there are serveral reasons which point out that the tiger would be a very nice fit for the ostheer's tankhall.
-> but just in a very special way.

Instead of making another call-in tiger ability, there could be a doctrinal ability which gives you the ability to build Tigers!

These tigers wouldnt have vet and only 2 would be buildable.

This concept would make the tiger being really a exellent part of the Ostheer - for the reason of originality.

is there.

Offline delmar77

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
Agree again Venoxxis, thats good idea.
Não se apresse em perdoar. A misericórdia também corrompe.
(Nelson Rodrigues)

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Instead of making another call-in tiger ability, there could be a doctrinal ability which gives you the ability to build Tigers!

These tigers wouldnt have vet and only 2 would be buildable.

This concept would make the tiger being really a exellent part of the Ostheer - for the reason of originality.
What non doctrinal heavy tank will the Ostheer have then?
As Ive said in another topic:
I dont want tanks that are in the game allready.
1 on the field vet0 Tiger I and JagdpanzerIVs or Nashorns + a doctrinal Elephant and maybe a Tiger Ace. Thats what I want.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:59:36 PM by Paciat »

Offline 2LTAndeh

• Ingenery
  • La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2010, 12:36:41 AM »
I dont want tanks that are in the game allready.
1 on the field vet0 Tiger I and JagdpanzerIVs or Nashorns + a doctrinal Elephant and maybe a Tiger Ace. Thats what I want.
[/quote]

In large part you'll be relying on light Panzer IIs and medium Panzer IIIs as T34 and AT fodder, with expensive tank destroyers as the only unit capable of doing any real damage to Russian T34s, KV-1s and the like. Using infantry towed AT guns and things like the Panzerfaust aren't being taken into account here simply because the likelyhood of being victorious against the Russian tank horde, while possible, being only armed with think-skinned tank destroyers, Panzer IIs and IIIs, seems so unlikely that it would be a waste to base the Ostheer around such a strategy.

I understand the desire for wanting new units and not just repainted ones. I believe its how the "old units" are implemented that is going to make the difference and thus make the Ostheer unique. As Venoxxis suggested earlier to leave certain heavy tanks or heavy tank destroyers up to a particular doctrine, to be able to build it but have a reasonable limit as to not make that doctrine, or the Ostheer in general, overpowered.

Anyway my point is that if you were to base the Ostheer's tank strategy/structure or however you want to call it, on simply whether or not the unit was in the game previously is far too narrow an approach to a faction. A balance between keeping the old and putting in the new is the most likely way to make the Ostheer an effective army that is not overpowered or underpowered.

Offline TacticalNuke

• Guard
  • The ultimate in Peace-making technology!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2010, 04:20:10 PM »
I don't want tanks that are in the game allready.
I understand the desire for wanting new units and not just repainted ones. I believe its how the "old units" are implemented that is going to make the difference and thus make the Ostheer unique.
Great... that rings bells. Can anyone say Rise Of Nations? Star Trek? Its just the same thing... over, and over, and over, and...
I think, therefore I am...
I learn, therefore I advance...
I destroy, that I may endure.

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
[...] to make the difference and thus make the Ostheer unique. As Venoxxis suggested earlier to leave certain heavy tanks or heavy tank destroyers up to a particular doctrine, to be able to build it but have a reasonable limit as to not make that doctrine, or the Ostheer in general, overpowered.

Anyway my point is that if you were to base the Ostheer's tank strategy/structure or however you want to call it, on simply whether or not the unit was in the game previously is far too narrow an approach to a faction. A balance between keeping the old and putting in the new is the most likely way to make the Ostheer an effective army that is not overpowered or underpowered.

Very well said. This is what i think as well. "Super Tanks" like the tiger should stay doctrinal only - with a orignial ability. Which could make them buildable. For a usual unit, the tiger has simply too much power in my eyes.

Its right that there is some stuff which should be kept, but only such things like the panther for example. Units which fit still very well - and what is even more important - units which arent replaceable in a german army. Saying: .. they gotta fight the soviets!